Jinyoung - Interview

You readjusted your sitting position and crossed your right leg over your left knee. Fidgeting with the pen in your hand, you took your free hand to tuck in a loose strand of hair from your ponytail behind your ear.  

You were currently sitting in one of the tiny conference rooms at the JYP entertainment building, waiting for the idol you were going to interview to walk in. You were a journalist for an online blog, which was becoming increasingly popular amongst teenagers in Korea. Being one of the best  journalist the company had, they send you to interview a member of the idol group Got7, Jinyoung. 

Although you were usually confident, you couldn't help but be a bit nervous this time. Even though Got7 was not your favourite idol group, you definitely did enjoy their music and looked forward to all of their comebacks.  In fact, you've been recently trying to convince your best friend to attend their upcoming concert in Seoul. So far you've been partially successful. 

Putting your pen down, you rub your hands on your jeans to rub of the sweat. You were starting to get annoyed as it was talking far to long for the idol to come to the room. Bored, you take out your phone from the pocket of your jeans. 

Since this interview was for a blog, there were absolutely no cameras in the room. One of the managers of Got7 was supposed to be initially present during the interview, however you requested it to be just Jinyoung and you. You found through your experience that a person is far more vulnerable and talkative when they were completely alone. 

Right when you clicked at the mario kart application on your phone to beat your brother's new high score, the door opened. You immediately stood up and shut your phone. Jinyoung walked in with a half drunk iced coffee in his hand. 

"Annyeonghaseyo," You said, bowing your head. 

Jinyoung smiled and bowed his head as well, saying, "Annyeonghaseyo," 

He pulled out the chair in front of you and set his coffee on the table. You took that as que and sat back on your chair. 

"I hope I didn't keep you waiting for long," Jinyoung asked you as he sat down. 

You smiled lightly and nodded your head and said, "Not at all," 

He took out his hand to shake yours and said, " Park Jinyoung," 

"L/N Y/N," You said, putting your hand in his. 

"Nice to meet you," He said, shaking your hand. You smiled and said, "Nice to meet you too." 

He folded his hands together and put them on top of the table. "Shall we start?" He asked. 

"Yes, Just...give me a moment," You say, trying to find your recording device. Once you found it, you put it on the table and grabbed your pen. 

"I'm starting the interview now," You say, using honorifics and Jinyoung nodded.

"Um-so firstly, congratulations on the success of your drama," You say and Jinyoung thanks you," During the filming of the drama or before you took on the role, did you ever hesitate or felt uncertain of your acting?"

Jinyoung nodded and thought for a second, "Before taking on the drama, I wasn't sure if I would be a good actor. Or if the drama was going to successful. I was scared that people might expect a lot from me since I was an idol. But my family and my members encouraged me so build my confidence and took the role. Of course the directors and producers on set helped me a lot too,"

You quickly note down what he was saying while he talked and nodded. 

"Do you think acting in a drama as a lead role has changed the way you thought about actors?" You ask. 

Jinyoung smiled, "Certainly..." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sigh and drop the pen. 

"Thank you so much, Jinyoung-ssi" You tell Jinyoung as your interview comes to an end. 

"Thank you," Jinyoung says, bowing and you bow to. 

Jinyoung awkwardly stands in the room, while you quickly put your things away. 

"If you don't mind me asking you, how old are you? ," Jinyoung asks you. 

"24. But I'm turning 25 soon," You reply, wearing your jacket.

"How long have you been working for this blog?" Jinyoung asks out of curiosity.

"Uhh," You say, struggling to zip your jacket, " Almost two years by now. This was my first proper job after university and I liked it, so I stayed." 

"I see," Jinyoung says 

You grab and you bag and look at Jinyoung. "This kind of embarrassing, but I'm very bad at directions but I was hoping if you could tell me how to go towards Gangnam from this neighborhood," 

"I'm actually leaving since I have no more schedule today. I pass through Gangnam on my way home. I can take you where you want to go," Jinyoung offers.

"Are you sure?" You ask, "I don't want to be trouble." 

"Of course not. I have nothing to do. Besides I can't just let you walk when its raining and is so cold," Jinyoung says. 

"Thank you," You accept his offer. 

As you both are in the elevator some moments later, Jinyoung turns towards you and asks, " What do you have this evening Y/N ssi," 

You shrug and say, "Nothing really...Well I should really go to the office, but I'm just going to go home and write this article," 

"Your boss won't mind you missing work," Jinyoung asks you. His eyebrows raised. 

"Well, it's not like I'm missing work," You say, justifying yourself, "I went this morning. Then I came to interview you. And they can't really say anything because I'm the one interviewing people. As long as I submit articles on time, they are pretty flexible with me."

Jinyoung nods in understanding, and silence falls again. 

After a while, Jinyoung speaks up, "Do you like coffee?"

"Coffee?" You ask confused and Jinyoung nods. "Yes?" You say, unsure. 

"Since you know so much about me now, would you like to have some coffee with me? So I can know as many things about you now. So we both will know about each other the next time we meet" Jinyoung asks you smoothly.

You stare at him speechless. If you weren't mistaken, you were pretty sure Jinyoung was asking you out, because you don't really meet your interviewees the 'next time'. And you would be the world's biggest idiot to say no.  

The elevator dings as it reached the floor and the doors open. 

"I'd love to," You say, smiling. 

This took me some time to write because I couldn't come up with any ideas. Kind of late but GOT7's performance at MAMAs was the best thing ever and Jackson's reaction to JYP is literally me during classes in school. 

I hope Youngjae and Jackson are feeling better now and since its getting colder I hope everyone stays warm (finger heart). I'll try to update as soon as I can.