Chapter One

It's a cold August afternoon. It has been snowing every night during the whole week. A tall blond boy is walking through the park in the cold London with his hands in his pockets, wearing a fancy black tux, gazing at the beautiful snowy landscape. It calms him down and makes him forget about his problems. It makes him forget the mark that has been burned into his left forearm by Lord Voldemort himself. It distracts his mind from the horrible mission he has been assigned. But he stops by hearing something that seems like a sob. He looks around and see a girl sitting on a bench, wiping her tears away. It's you.

—What could it be that bad? —He asks as he sits next to you. You give a little jump and gasp—. Don't get scared, I won't harm you —he hands you a delicate silk hanky.

—Th... thanks —you wipe your tears away with his hanky. It has a delicious scent of apple and mint.

—Life is too short to be crying. I have something that's gonna cheer you up —he makes a movement with his hand and a beautiful white rose appears magically. A shy smile blooms across your face.

—Are you a magician?

—Uhm... kind of —he gives you the rose and your cheeks flush. A shy smile blooms across his face—. I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy —he stretches his hand.

—It's nice to meet you, Draco. I'm (Y/N) (Y/L/N) —you reply and shake his hand.

—It's nice to meet you too, (Y/N).

Draco is very handsome. His platinum blond hair and beautiful pale skin highlight his even more beautiful grey eyes. You don't know why, but there is something that tells you that he is not from here.

—Draco the Magician —you say moving your hands like picturing that name written in a neon sign. He smiles—. You're a very young magician.

—What does it make you think that?

—You don't look older than me, and I'm 16.

—Wow! Interesting guessing. I'm 16 too. —You smile.

Suddenly, your phone rings and Draco looks curiously at your muggle gadget. He hadn't seen nothing like that before.

—Excuse me, Draco. It's mum —you answer your phone—. Hi mum... Ok, I'm gonna buy a bottle of orange juice on my way back home... I love you, bye —you hang up the call—. I'm sorry, Dra... —you look around—. Draco?

Draco has gone, but there is another beautiful white rose on the bench next to you instead. A beautiful smile blooms across your face. The mysterious handsome blond magician has made you forget the reason why you were crying. You smell the roses and sigh, and keep Draco's hanky in your pocket. Then you take your backpack and walk your way back home with a limp.

Meanwhile, Narcissa Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange are heading to Severus Snape parents' home through the rainy streets of Cokeworth.

—Cissy, you can't do this! You can't trust him! —Bellatrix drawls.

—The Dark Lord trusts him, Bella —Narcissa replies.

—The Dark Lord is mistaken!

Bellatrix knocks on the door and Snape opens it and let them enter.

—I know I shouldn't be here —Narcissa says—. The Dark Lord himself forbade me to speak of this.

—If The Dark Lord forbade you to speak of this, then you shouldn't to —Snape replies—. But I'm aware of your situation, Narcissa.

—You? The Dark Lord told you? —Bellatrix asks surprised.

—Your sister doubts me. Understandable. Over the years, I've played my part well. So well, I've deceived one of the greatest wizards of all time. Dumbledore is a great wizard. Only a fool would question it.