Chapter Nine

Richard seems to be more surprised than you to see you in the station. He was supposed to arrive tonight.

—What are you doing here, (Y/N)?

—I... uhm... My female sixth sense told me that you would arrive earlier, so I came to wait for you —you lie.

—So... aren't you gonna give me a kiss?

—Uhm... sure.

You have no choice. He leans in and you just wanna give him a quick peck, but he grabs your waist and pulls you closer, and goes for a deeper kiss. You feel much disgust when his tongue touches yours, but you can't let him know, so you kiss him back, but thinking on Draco and the delicious taste of his kisses.

—Am I detecting certain sparkle in your eyes? I hadn't seen it in a long time.

—Uhm... it's just... I'm glad you're back, Richard —you lie again.

Your eyes used to sparkle that way when you became his girlfriend. When you used to think you were in love with him. But that sparkle died when he started mistreating you. When you started to be scared of him. But now that sparkle returned to your eyes and with much more intensity since your first kiss with Draco.

—I guess I have to be out of town more frequently then.

—I hope so —you whisper, low enough for him not to hear—. But what are you saying, Richard? —You giggle and push him playfully and he giggles too. It seems like you're a really good actress.

—Come on, (Y/N). I'll take you to the school. I don't want you to be late.

—Uhm... thanks.

He entwines his hand with yours and leads you to the car parking.

—You know that I love you, don't you? —Richard asks and that question makes you feel so uncomfortable.

—Richard, I...

He takes you by surprise by grabbing your waist and kissing you desperately. But you push him gently, forcing him to break the kiss.

—Richard, please. I'm gonna be late —it's the only excuse that comes to your mind to keep his disgusting kisses away from you.

—You're right. Let's go.

That night, you wake up by hearing a flutter on your window followed by a hooting that scares the hell out of you. It's almost midnight. You get out of bed quickly and open the curtains. There is a beautiful snowy owl on your window.

—Anthros? Oh my God, Anthros! —You open the window and he enters your bedroom—. What are you doing here, little buddy? Draco must be worried about you —you pet him and he hoots—. What do you have in your beak?