Chapter Twenty Seven

—Pregnant? —Draco asks in wide-eyed surprise—. But... we've never... Oh my God!

Draco takes a few steps back and holds his head with his hands, blinking repeatedly and shaking his head, refusing to believe the sad truth: you're pregnant with Richard's child.

You break down into tears and cover your face with your hands at his reaction.

—I'm so sorry, Draco. I...

—Shh... —he shushes you by placing his index finger on your lips—. Don't apologize, princess. This is not your fault —he presses his lips against yours and smothers you with kisses.

—I never wanted...

—I know, my love. Listen, you're the love of my life, and this baby... —he caresses your flat belly tenderly— ...this baby doesn't have the fault of what that bastard did to you. As far as I'm concerned, this baby is my child.

—Draco —you whisper with tears of joy rolling down your cheeks.

Draco cups your face gently with his hands and wipes your tears away with his kisses. Then he kneels down and kisses your belly.

—You're my child, baby —he tells the baby sweetly and looks at you—. We're gonna have a baby, princess —he says with tears of joy filling his beautiful grey eyes.

You kneel down and, cupping his face gently with your hands, you give him a huge and loud smooch.

—We're gonna have a baby, sweetie.

Draco and you hug each other and cry like babies.

—Do you know why I brought you here, princess?

—Because the beach is our special place?

—Yes. But also because I have a surprise for you, gorgeous. Come.

Draco helps you stand up and entwines his hand with yours, and takes you near to a beautiful beachfront property.

—Do you see that house? —He points at the property. You nod—. It's ours.

Your jaw literally drops in wide-eyed surprise. You can't believe what you just heard.

—What?

—It's ours. It's the beachfront castle that I promised you, princess. Here we're gonna raise our child and...

You grab his tie and pull until he crashes his lips against yours, and you kiss him full on the mouth, taking his breath away.

—...we're gonna get old together —he whispers almost out of breath.

—That's so sweet, Dray.

—I wanna get old by your side, babe.

—So do I, sugar.

—Our child will be able to play in the sea and on the sand every day, and you, princess, you will be able to gaze at the ocean from the window. Come.

Draco carries you bridal style, like you were newlyweds, and enters the house. It's really big but it's empty.

—I apologize for the lack of furniture, princess. Only the main bedchamber is ready. It was gonna be a surprise for Christmas but, under the circumstances...

—It's perfect. I love it! We're gonna decorate it together, love. I... I don't know how to thank you.

—Move with me.

—What?

—Let's move together and start a new life. You, me —he caresses your belly—, and our baby. Would you like that? —He says with a beautiful sparkle in his eyes.