Chapter Twenty Four

Draco apparates in his dorm and puts on another black shirt. Then he heads to the Room of Requirement. The bath tub is still there. The towel and your clothes are still there and also the blanket on the velvet couch.

"I feel I've been repairing this bloody cabinet during the bloody whole year. I don't know if I could have done this without my princess. I hope this nightmare ends soon", he says to himself.

The vanishing cabinet opens and a black fog emerges from it, filling the room. A group of Death Eaters leaded by Bellatrix Lestrange enter the school. Fernir Greyback comes with them.

—Well done, Draco —Bellatrix whispers in his ear and blows a kiss in the air. Draco gulps and an unpleasant shiver courses its way down his spine—. Let's go!

Draco is trying his best not to cry as the Death Eaters head to the Astronomy Tower. They're sure they're gonna find Dumbledore there.

Bingo! Dumbledore is in the Astronomy Tower.

—Good evening, Draco. What brings you here on this fine, spring evening? —The headmaster asks.

—Who else is here? I heard you talking! —Draco drawls.

—I often talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful. Have you been whispering to yourself, Draco? Draco, you're not a murderer.

—How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you!

—Like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that, in return, she would bear a cursed necklace to me? Forgive me, Draco, but I can't help feeling this action is so weak that your heart couldn't really be in it.

—He trusts me! I was chosen! —Draco exclaims nervously and rolls up his left sleeve, revealing the dark mark on his forearm.

—I will make it easy for you —Dumbledore raises his wand.

—Expelliarmus! —Draco casts and the headmaster's wand flies out of his hand.

—Very good, very good.

Suddenly, the sound of the door opening can be heard.

—You're not alone? There are others? How? —Dumbledore asks.

—The vanishing cabinet in the Room of Requirement. I've been repairing it —Draco replies.

—Let me guess. It has a sister? A twin?

—At Borgin and Burkes. They form a passage.

—Ingenius. Draco, years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you.

Draco breaks down into tears.

—I don't want your help! —He shouts—. Don't you understand? I have to do this! I have to kill you! I have to. Or he is gonna kill me.

—I know that you have fallen in love, Draco. You have someone special in your life this year. Let me help you. Do it for her.

Draco panics. He can't believe what he just heard.

—And what do you think you know? You don't know anything! —He shouts nervously.

—I know much more than you think, Draco —the headmaster replies—. I know that she doesn't belong to the Wizarding World. I know that you took her to Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. I know that you brought her to Howgarts to your first Quidditch match. It was me who suggested professor Slughorn to tell you to invite her to his Chrirtmas Party.

—What? —Draco asks in disbelief.

—I know that you had sneaked her into Hogwarts several times, Draco. And I also know that someone did something horrible to her today and that you brought her here, and that Madam Pomfrey...