t w o

Here I am, sitting in AP environmental science first hour, wanting to be absolutely anywhere but here. However, my parents would be quite displeased if I put another absence onto my record. Very short record, might I add.

I yawn as quietly as possible and sit in a different position to try and keep myself awake. There was absolutely no way I'd actually fall asleep in class, Cas was right.

Just seeing Mr.Brior's face covered in a disappointed expression at the many people in class not paying attention or sleeping, made me feel a million times worse about even thinking of going against his rules.

That's yet another thing I hate- people feeling disappointed in me. I can physically feel my heart drop in my stomach and think they automatically hate me. Even if it's the simplest things such as being late or forgetting to do something, I hate it. So I try to do everything in my power to stray away from that feeling.

After fourth period, I start walk to my car to go meet up with Roxi and Cassie at the local diner. It's the most popular diner to visit during lunch at our school, but that's what made it better for everyone. We could actually have fun without the teachers practically breathing down our necks. Plus, it's food was a million times better than the cafeteria.

After a mere 5 minutes, I reach Sunshine Diners and pull into my favorite spot. I grab my wallet and keys and walk into the diner. Looking around at all the tables, I finally see Roxi's bright colored hair. It looks like she dyed it pastel pink over the weekend. It honestly suits her so much. Pretty much every color she's dyed her hair she's looked amazing in, so unfair.

Once she sees me she smiles and tells me to come sit with them, well more like yelled. Some heads turn towards the direction she was talking to and I ducked my head in embarrassment. I quickly walked over to her table in hopes everyone stops staring.

When I got to their table, which includes more people than usual, Roxi just giggles.

I looked around at the other people from my classes that decided to sit with my best friends today and smiled and waved at them. Most of them smiled back and said their greetings.

"Sorry, Junie I forgot how much you hate attention." She wraps her bright colored acrylics around my arm and pulled me to the seat next to her.

I smiled and leaned against her. "I'll accept your apology if you buy me a shake?" I closed my eyes, hoping for her to say yes. I absolutely love strawberry shakes, especially with whipped cream on top.

She dramatically sighed. "I mean I guess." She said whole dragging out the word 'guess'.

I laughed loudly. "Thanks you're the best."

"Okay just fuck me then huh?" I sat up as both Roxi and I look towards Cassie.

"You're okay, I guess." I replied and she gasped as she threw a fry at me. We all started laughing at each other.

"I'll go get your shake. Be right back." Roxi rushed out and quickly ran to one of the waitresses. I looked around, confused at why she was acting like that and see Brian, the dude she's been crushing on for far too long. I watch her and laugh as she makes an utter fool of herself.

I focus my attention back onto the conversation at the table and only add my input when someone directly asks me something.

Whenever I say anything, I always feel as if they're annoyed so I just like to keep quiet.

After a couple minutes, Roxi plops down into the seat next to me and pushes the shake to me. I grin widely in thanks and glance down, seeing the milkshake without whipped cream.