t w e n t y s i x

Juniper's pov:

I followed the boys to their beach house in my car. The whole duration of the drive, I couldn't stop smiling. The boys showed me true friendship, something I haven't felt in so long. I've barely known them for a few months and yet they've already given me a home when my parents did the complete opposite.

On a more childish note, my cheeks continued to appear as reflections of the red stop lights as I thought about Xander. Everytime something happens between us or he is completely sincere to me, I act like a little kid having their crush like them back but that's exactly what it feels like. Puppy love.

Whenever he stares at me, it's like nothing else is important. All my problems and worries can disappear from a conversation or even just a smile from him. He makes me happy. And it feels good to be happy.

Once we made it to our destination, I parked behind them and walked inside. As much as I appreciated their offer, I wasn't going to just stay here with them, that'd be asking for too much. Hopefully I'll find an apartment that'll allow me to rent at seventeen and I won't be a bother to the boys anymore. They act like it's not a problem but I doubt they want some girl living in the house they paid for and getting little in return.

After we stepped in, we all sat around the living room and talked about nothing serious, just positive things. Thirty minutes or so passed before the guys all decided we needed to get some rest, telling eachother goodnight. Then, they were starting to say goodnight to me and I just hoped I wouldn't cry.

Alex came over and hugged me first, messing up my hair while he was at it. I judged the action but he simply showed off his dimples. "You're always welcome here. Don't forget that," he smiled and walked off to his bedroom.

Elijah came up and gave me a super quick hug. I chuckled at his dislike for touching people and he smiled. "If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm still here. Even if it's about the most stupidest shit." I replied with a 'same' and he left.

Oliver groaned, "ugh finally they took forever." I laughed at him and he scooped me up in a big hug and I gladly returned it. He let go but placed his arms on my shoulders. I wasn't really expecting him to say anything sappy because it was so unlike his character but then he said something so heartwarming. "You're so strong and I hope you know you deserve the world. You put everyone's needs above your own and one day I wish you finally realize you're important enough to put first sometimes. We're not family but I picture you as a little sister and I just want you to love yourself as much as everyone here loves you."

I sniffled and wiped my eyes. "Fuck you for making me cry again." He laughed and held out his arms and I tighten my grasp on him once again. His brotherly aura made me miss Jace but I know he'd be bestfriends with Oliver if he was here and that made me smile. I finally let go and he smiled with tears in his eyes before nodding to Xander and heading out.

I turned towards Xander and he smiled before grabbing my hand and walking us over to his room. He let go when we made it in and began digging through his closet. He pulled out another one of his shirts and held it out to me. I slightly laughed, "you do realize I have my literal house in my car. I have clothes to change into."

A frown appeared before he shook his head and a smirk played on his lips, "You look so much better in my clothes, though."

I rolled my eyes but laughed at him. I'll gladly take the opportunity to wear his shirt and I began to turn around when he pulled me back close to him. Placing my hands on his toned chest, I looked up at his heavenly face as he was looking down at me.