t w e n t y t w o

The next day, I dozed off in multiple of my classes. When it was time to go to lunch, I reluctantly headed to the diner.

As soon as I walked in, it was like all eyes landed on me. Rolling mine, I eyed the table I usually sat at. They were all staring at me with murderous glares and I silently chuckled. Moving my direction to Xander's table, I saw him motion to a spot next to him and I gladly accepted.

I sat down next to him and I heard my old table dramatically gasp. Staring at all the boys in silence, we then bursted out laughing. "Fuck I have no idea how you dealt with that annoying shit for so long," Alex said after we calmed down and they all nodded in agreement.

"I was zoned out 98% of the time so I didn't have to hear it."

During the whole lunch time, I didn't have to think about my living situation or how i'm speeding up the process of losing my bestfriends. I was just having fun. The boys always helped me forget about the worst things in my life. The next couple lunches were the exact same way.

• • •

"Do it. No balls," I pressured Xander since he wouldn't do it. The other boys went along with me.

"You fucking do it then." Xander leaned towards me since we were on opposite sides of the booth this day. I leaned in as well.

I mischievous grin took over my face as I stared back at the beautiful boy in front of me. "Together?"

He smirked and nodded. "First one who does it without them noticing gets $10." From the corner of my eye, I saw the other boys grinning at eachother.

Xander stood up and held his hand out to help me out of the booth. When I was balanced on my two feet, we still didn't let go. "Okay who's table should we do?" I asked and looked around while he did the same.

"That one." He pulled my hand and I followed him. We made it to one of the tables where most of the football players sat. There were two seats open and that's exactly where we sat as he let go of my hand.

Everyone had completely different reactions. There were looks of annoyance, amusement, and awe? Mostly in the girls towards Xander but oh well. Xander began flirting with one of them and I had to ignore the burning feeling I got in my stomach. It was just a dare.

While the group of boys were pretty much outcasts at our school, it didn't stop them from being able to get girls. Since all of the stuck up bitches here had been pretty sheltered because of this neighborhood, bad boys seemed to intrigue them a little too much. They would never speak that truth though. Why would they admit they fantasize over the delinquents rather than the boys on the tennis team?

I turned towards the guy next to me who turned out to be Brian, Roxi's boy crush. Oh shit. Internally sighing I told myself again, it was just a dare.

He was already staring at me with a smirk and I leaned on my hand that was being held up by my elbow on the table. I smiled innocently, "Hey, Brian." I attempted to greet him in the silkiest voice ever, most likely sounding terrible. "Sexy" is not a word I could ever be.

Brian's dark blue eyes looked me up and down and I shivered in disgust. I hated the way he always looked at me like a piece of meat. He must have thought the shiver was a positive one as he bit his lip, "Hey, baby."