t w e n t y s e v e n

In the end, we decided to stay home all day. Home. That's going to take some getting used to.

As of right now, I'm in the kitchen with Xander making brownies and cookies for all of us and then we're going to have a movie marathon. A catchy upbeat song is playing from the speakers surrounding the room and I happily move my hips and quietly sing the lyrics. The music being an accurate description of my mood. Xander-sat across the island playing on his phone- looks up and laughs at me. I immediately stop all singing and dancing as my eyes shyly flicker to his, my cheeks reddening.

"Don't stop. That was cute," his forest eyes shine in amusement, but there's no ill intent.

"Now that you said something, i'm gonna overthink it," I laughed and continued baking.

He rolled his eyes and asked, "what song do you want me to play? I promise I won't judge." I bit my lip and narrowed my eyes at him. He grinned and held his hands up in surrender, one of his hands holding out his pinky.

"Hm temporary bliss by the cab," I said after giggling at his actions.

His eyes flickered with something but it disappeared before I could even blink. He nodded and typed it into his phone. Hearing the beat surround the room, I grinned and began singing along, mixing the brownie mix along to the beat.

The oven beeped, signaling the cookies were done and I pointed at the brownie mix to Xander, hoping he catches on to what I'm asking. He dramatically sighed and I shook my head at his childishness with a smile while he came over to my side.

I took out the cookies and set them on the island, giving them a few minutes to cool down. After the needed time, I began taking them off and setting them on napkins, each napkin for one of the boys. While I was doing this, Xander's eyes kept flickering to my actions.

He studied my movements, especially my hands, almost as if he was waiting for me to mess up. When he caught me staring at him, he quickly looks back down at pouring the mix into the pan. I giggle quietly, "am I doing something wrong?"

Xander silently shook his head and continued on with the brownies. His silence made me overthink and I bit my lip, hoping I hadn't done anything to make him upset at me. I don't want him mad.

He noticed my expression and put the brownies in the oven before turning me to face him, my back pressed against the island with his hands on my waist. "I'm not mad at you, okay? I was just thinking." My gaze frantically moved everywhere except his eyes until his hands tightened.

Reluctantly, I looked up at him with an uncertain expression. "Okay? I promise. You're okay." He took his thumb and grazed it across my bottom lip, pushing it slightly enough to release it from my teeth. I shakily exhaled and nodded.

Xander then moved his hand and brought it towards the back of my head. His pupils dilated and I felt his heartbeat fasten from under my hands pressed against his torso. Our eyes darted from lips to eyes while leaning closer. The sound of the song became nearly nonexistent as all I could focus on was the intensity in his eyes.

Our lips touched for a mere second before we heard a dramatic gasp. I immediately pulled back and Xander exhaled loudly as we glanced to the doorway. Oliver stood there with a tight grip on Elijah and repeatedly smacked his arm against the boy with a huge smile on his face.

"Dude, fuck off! That hurts!" Elijah loudly said and smacked Oliver on the side of the head before they got into a mini fight.

I laughed at their immaturity before releasing myself from Xander's grasp. He was still staring at me and I got anxious under his stare. Pulling himself near my ear he whispered, "You don't understand how much I hate those guys right now."