t w e n t y o n e

After I calmed down from the extremely chaotic morning I had, I went to the diner. It was a Sunday so I knew there wouldn't be anybody from school there to recognize me.

Before walking in, I quickly changed into some leggings and a hoodie in my car. I opened the doors to the diner and sat in one of the booths by the window. Grabbing my school bag, I took out some of my assignments that were already finished. I needed it to look like I was doing something so I could think without being kicked out.

As I was getting everything situated, Jackie came up to me, "Hey, love. Needed a quiet place to do homework?" I smiled and nodded slightly, not wanting to worsen the headache that was starting to go away. The old lady immediately gasped and brushed some of my hair away from my cheek, "Are you okay? There's a huge red mark on your cheek."

My eyes widened and I put my own hand on my cheek, wanting to flinch at the pain. However I shrugged and chuckled, "Oh I was just being reckless. It's no biggie." It was clear she didn't believe me but the old lady left it and got me the water and brownie I ordered.

Going to the bathroom, I brought my school bag with me and took out my concealer. Nearing the mirror, I made sure to use my color corrector then concealer to hide the redness. Tears formed in my eyes as I had to lightly dab the makeup on but I had to keep it hidden so no one else could question me. I finished and leaned back so I could eye myself. Forcing a fake smile on my lips, I picked up my bag from the counter and went to my previous booth.

While I was taking small bites of the brownie, I brainstormed where I could go. I just needed a place to bathe at. Staying in my car wasn't ideal but I could make do with what I had. In a few months it would be my 18th birthday so when that comes I could rent out my own apartment until the school year is over, if my parents don't do what they say and take away all my money in my bank account that is.

However, finding a place was harder than it seemed. I wasn't ready to trust anyone yet. The only person I knew I could trust at the moment was Xander. That was only because he was the one in multiple photos, meaning he couldn't have been the one to take them.

Deciding to try and find who it was that sent all those pictures and videos before I choose anyone to stay with, I pulled out my phone. I hadn't looked at it all day and saw Xander messaged me a few hours ago.

Xander🖤:
-it's no problem
-you're pretty fun when you're drunk ;)

I small smile formed on my lips and I giggled lightly, catching Jackie's attention. She smirked like she knew who I was texting and my cheeks reddened.

Me:
-oh jeez I hope I didn't say anything too stupid

After I sent that text, his name popped up on my screen as he was face-timing me. I answered it once a few rings passed, not wanting to seem too desperate or anything and set it up against my water. Thank god I chose to put makeup on.

He was laying down shirtless on what appeared to be his couch. Oh god, why does he have to look so hot. "Well... You did tell me a future with me sounded great," his deep voice through the phone instantly made goosebumps form on my arms. But his claim made me stare at him in bewilderment. He saw how speechless I was and began laughing.

I covered my face in embarrassment, "Ugh shut up. Please forget I ever said that."

The black haired boy stuck his bottom lip out and pouted, "What, you don't want a future with me?" I have to admit, he looked so adorable like that.

I bit my lip at his words, trying not to smile. "Never in a million years, pretty boy," I joked causing him to gasp and mutter something.

"Why are you at the diner?" He changed the topic.