f i v e

I woke up to a brutal headache that my mom did nothing to help with by screaming for me to wake up.

"Juniper Matthews! Get up right now it's already 10am! I need you to go to the store for me while I meet up with some friends." My mom's voice was near, no doubt she was standing right behind my locked door. Thankfully I remembered to lock it last night. Otherwise I'd have cold ass water poured on me.

"I'm awake!" I yelled as loud as I could, hoping to show my annoyance.

I heard her sigh and stomp off downstairs. Gotten the reaction I wanted, I smirked and rolled out of bed. I did my morning routine and went to pick out an outfit.

The weekends were the best part of my week 100% since I didn't see my parents except on Fridays. Because of this, I actually was able to dress how I want, on the rare occasion I actually do leave the house. I decided on a simple white tank top, light wash jeans, and a fuzzy pullover.

 I decided on a simple white tank top, light wash jeans, and a fuzzy pullover

After I finished getting ready, I went downstairs and into the kitchen. The only thing showing there was a sign of life in here earlier was the list on the counter. I made my way past it and made a bowl of cereal before heading towards the store.

Once I made it to the local supermarket, I went inside and grabbed a cart.

As families passed by, I made sure to stand straighter and smile, greeting them in the nicest way possible. I always loved doing this since I was little. You never know how much a simple 'hello' could impact someone's day.

I looked down on my list and saw I only had a few things left, the next one being almond milk. I went down the aisle and placed my cart to the side before searching for the kind my mom wanted. I really didn't want to have to deal with a bitch fit from her come morning time.

Aha! I grabbed the milk and turned around to walk back to my cart when someone ran into me, causing me to drop the milk and it splattered all over the floor.

My eyes widened and I looked back at who hit me when I noticed a young girl looking like she was about to cry. "Hey, sweetie it's okay no need to cry. It was just an accident."

I straightened back up and motioned for a worker to come down the aisle. "I'm so sorry, sir. I tripped and made my milk fall. I can still pay for it if you need me to," I genuinely apologized to the younger man who simple brushed my apology off and told me it was alright.

While that was happening, I couldn't help but notice the small child was still standing there staring at me. "Oh shi- shoot I forgot to ask. Are you alright, love?"

"I'm okay I just didn't want to get in trouble," she stuttered while apologizing, staring at the man cleaning up the mess.