f i f t e e n

Friday night I spent hiding in the kitchen of a random business person's house. All the while my parents were enjoying themselves with everyone else. During these, I got a glimpse of the Mr. and Mrs. Matthews that the town loved. Their façade made it appear as they were in love and actually gave a shit about others around them.

It sucked. Having to see your family happy when you're the complete opposite.

It was now early Saturday morning and I was drinking a breakfast shake. I promised Elijah I would at least try to eat twice a day and I never break my promises. Sighing as I took another small sip, I got a notification.

Xander 🖤:
you still down?

I smiled at his name popping up on my phone and texted him back.

Me:
of course
it was my idea after all

Xander 🖤:
we'll pick you up in an hour

I automatically became ten times happier as I sipped on my shake. I'd finally be getting out of this shitty town, even if it was just for a day. With never having anybody wanting to go on adventures, it was always difficult to leave.

Deciding on starting to get ready, I went upstairs and looked through my closet. I chose a simple yet cute outfit as I might see people from my old school. I know I'll end up being self conscious since they've only ever seen me in preppy clothes, but it's not like i'm going  to see them again.

 I know I'll end up being self conscious since they've only ever seen me in preppy clothes, but it's not like i'm going  to see them again

An hour went by before I heard a honk outside. I peeked through my windows and saw Alex's jeep. Grinning, I ran downstairs and out the door to his car.

The back door of the car facing my house was opened and I climbed right in. I looked around and saw Alex driving, Oliver in the passenger seat, and the other two in the back with me. I waved, "Hey guys."

"Oh shit Juniper you look... different," Alex began, being able to look me up and down since he was turned in his driver seat. Oh yeah I guess none of them have really seen me dress this way as well. All except for Xander.

I laughed as I eyed myself also, "Thanks! You like it?" It was quite simple but it still showed off one of my true styles.

Alex chuckled and nodded. Oliver and Elijah both dramatically nodded their heads and I giggled at their childish reactions.

Xander cleared his throat loudly from beside me, "Okay if you guys could stop being horny for two seconds, we can finally start our road trip." I looked at him and smirked, it was obvious he was annoyed from his friends joking about me. I don't know why though as no one could actually favor my body, that's purely unrealistic.