t w e n t y e i g h t

Monday morning came extremely sooner than I had hoped. Although I was incredibly thankful for the guys taking my mind off all the things going on, it didn't give me any time at all to figure out how to approach my old bestfriends. Just thinking about those backstabbers made my hands enclose into fists, my knuckles whitening. I angrily sighed and took one of my hands through my hair. It was pointless to get angry right now.

I went through the drawers quickly and found a comfy yet decent outfit and put it on, continuing with my morning routine. When it was time to leave, I grabbed a banana nut muffin from the pantry and headed towards the door. Locking the door with my key, I then went to my car and drove to school.

I honestly had no idea what to expect when I see them. There is no valid plan I can come up with because it's a completely bizarre scenario to even think about in the first place. How was I supposed to go up to my old friends and confront them for kicking me out of my house without every nosy person trying to intervene or listen in? Sighing, I made it to the parking lot and parked in a random spot, not really registering anything. It was already past the time I normally got here so I didn't have time to do anything except go to my first hour.

• • •

"Did you hear? The diner's closed for the next few days, something to do with kids busting the windows," Alex said when I met up with him since our classes were the closest together to anyone else's. I rolled my eyes and began walking with him to the cafeteria. "Stupid ass people. The diner is literally the most wholesome place in this shitty town. This day just can't get any worse," I huffed as I angrily ranted and Alex simply chuckled.

"Someone's in a bad mood."

I laughed softly, "You could say that again." He noticed I didn't want to discuss it any further and dropped that conversation, bringing up pointless topics. We met up with the rest of the boys and continued towards the cafeteria. Laughing at a dumb joke Xander said, I walked into the cafeteria and glanced around. When my eyes landed on my old bestfriends and Layla, every noise drowned out and my face morphed into hostility.

Xander noticed and put his hand on my shoulder as he was beside me, "Hey, what's wrong?" The concern in his voice made my gaze snap towards him. My expression softened as he stepped back, obviously thinking my anger was towards him.

That just made me even more mad. My fake ass friends were making me so frustrated I almost snapped at someone who has done nothing but help me. I shook my head and slid his hand off me. "Nothing, I just need to talk to my old friends for a second."

I heard him call out from behind me as well as our friends but I didn't glace back. My hands were in fists at my sides and the look on my face must have made everyone aware I was not in the mood to be nice. The ones still standing scooted out of my path as I continued towards the table. Roxi was the first to see me and she gave me a small smirk before taking in my expression. She then gulped and tightened her grasp on Cassie and Layla's arms. They questioned her before glancing in the direction her eyes stayed put on. They all were trying to hide their fear and shock beneath a smirk. However, their façades were shitty.

When I finally got to the table, I smacked my hands down on it, causing not only the table but everyone around it to become silent. It caused me to smile widely. I was somewhat concerned for me enjoying that type of power. My expression immediately morphed into a menacing glare as my gaze landed back on the three girls.

Before I could say anything, Rebecca spoke up. "Juniper," she looked at me in disgust. "Why are you and your druggie friends bothering us?"

I threw a look behind my shoulder and noticed all the boys close enough to hear but still far enough to give me personal space. I huffed and turned back around. I didn't want them to have to get involved with all this. "Excuse me? Why the fuck have you guys been acting all high and fucking mighty towards me lately?" The reasoning was crystal clear but I just wanted them to say it. It would make me extremely more furious but hey, maybe this would be the perfect time to prove I wasn't anything like them.