t h r e e

After a night of restless sleep, I finally had to drag myself out of bed before my mom comes screaming at me. I did my morning routine before going into my closet and picking out an outfit. If it was genuinely up to me, I'd go to school in a more comfy outfit but I have a 'reputation to uphold'. I rolled my eyes since I could practically hear my mother's voice saying that. My performance should outweigh my fucking appearance but that's apparently not the case.

After my daily rant to myself, I picked out a burgundy red long sleeve turtle neck and a matching red and dark blue skirt. It pretty much screamed 'rich' but that's how all of Freedom High was. Actually that's how all of Allen bay was. Every kid in this town had rich parents who tried to make there lives seem the most interesting by having the most extravagant appearance.

 Every kid in this town had rich parents who tried to make there lives seem the most interesting by having the most extravagant appearance

I genuinely couldn't give two shits. If you're a good person you're a good person. End of discussion.

I finished getting ready and headed downstairs to grab a muffin. I went to the pantry and found two banana nut muffins and took them gratefully before spinning around, going to head out.

I walked out the door with no stops or conversations. It wasn't out of the ordinary though. My parents we're extremely focused on their jobs and other families rather than focusing on their kids.

I got to school twenty minutes early so I could watch the last bit of the cheerleader's rehearsals which included Roxi. I spotted Cassie and Layla in the bleachers and sat down next to them. They both smiled and we greeted each other as I took a seat next to Layla. She was another person who hung around us. She looked like any other basic white girl- with bright blue eyes and blonde pin straight hair. I never talked much to her but she was extremely nice to me so I considered her a friend.

"So what happened yesterday?" Cassie questioned before I could even get situated.

"You mean after y'all ditched me?" I spat without even thinking. My eyes widened as did Cassie and Layla, completely surprised I snapped at them.

"I didn't-" I immediately went to apologize, feeling extremely guilty with how they were staring at me.

But before I could finish an apology, Cassie scoffed at me. "It was just a question, you didn't have to be such a bitch about it." She argued and gathered her things. I glanced at Layla who was doing the exact same thing.

"I'm sorry I'm just tired I didn't mean it." I replied looking at my bestfriend with a guilty expression.

"Based on that look on your face, it's clear to see you meant every word." Layla butted in, siding with my bestfriend.

Who the fuck asked for your opinion?

I started to say something again but they walked off down to football field where the cheerleaders were walking off. I watched Layla trail like a fucking lost puppy behind Cas as she made her way to Roxi. When they reached eachother, Cas whispered in Roxi's ear and she stared into the bleacher, scanning them until her eyes found mine.