Chapter 17: Finally Twelve

I was finally twelve. Unlike everyone else, I had already gone through the awkwardness of first time puberty. I felt as though I had slightly moved beyond my members of peerage.

Time feels as if it is going by slowly, which I prefer. When I am at the school library or Exurbia Library, I feel the most comfortable...

For my birthday, I went outside in a white one piece to see Charlotte. We were going shopping together for the whole afternoon. We were suppose to go out with Garett, but he was able to hide from Charlotte's radar. Charlotte's stoic maid Pika came instead to watch over us as we shopped around.

Charlotte and I made a stop at a cafe.

"Happy Birthday, Arielle!"

She handed me a small beautifully wrapped box with a red ribbon and flower decoration.

"Thank you, Char..."

"Anything for my Arielle! Open it! Open it!"

Charlotte often reminds me of a golden retriever from how cute and spirited she is. I liked how there was a striking contrast in our personalities. She was bright and fun, while I was slightly more mellow and muted.

I am very thankful that I was able to meet Charlotte a second time because she brings me light and life to me in my second life.

I opened the present and found a popular face powder and a rose compact for a rouge lip balm application.

"It's beautiful," I said as I admired the mirror that accompanied the compact.

"I got the face powder from one of those Easterners. Apparently, this brand does not make people sick or young women die early! Your skin is already beautiful, but this will make your skin glisten."

Since I eventually got into makeup, I found out several ways to manufacture it without the annoying smell of chemicals. I could make a better quality powder at home myself with the right materials. I should make a sample for myself and Charlotte to use one day.

"I love it," I told Charlotte. "Thank you... Charlote, I'm glad you came to Nariel for me. You are the best friend I could ever ask for."

Charlotte gave me a strong hug.

"Of course!"

See? She's cute.

I invited Charlotte back with me to Exurbia Library where we were both greeted by a surprise.

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone said.

They had all gifted me a beautiful opal broach with gold details. I could not help but think it went rather well with my aunt's gift which was a large ribbon neck tie with a golden border design. I thanked them all with my biggest smile.

"Happy Birthday..."

Garett was a bit quiet due to his awkward appearance of wearing fake cat ears.

"A cat?" I said as I tilted my head slightly.

Garett exploded with anger and threw the streamer device onto the ground.

"She looks surprised from this stupid get up!" Garett screeched at Maura and the rest. "I would rather clean up the cellar than do this!"

"Accept your fate because you accidentally damaged an expensive book," Maura ordered.

"It was a fake book that she made," someone whispered in my ear.

"How evil," I said quietly.

"How fun!" Charlotte said.

Maura pushed Garett towards me.

"Do it!" Maura ordered excitedly.

Garett seemed tone shaking with anger and averted his gaze from me. His real ears were tinged red a deep red color.

"Garett, if you are uncomfortable, I will try my best to avoid looking at you," I assured him.

He clenched his fists.

"...No, um...W-Will you...Will you let me be your pet for tub-way!" Garett said loudly. He then proceeded with a quiet, "Meow."

He fumbled his words and did a cat call...

I soon heard the sound of someone laughing semi-quietly and realized that it was me. I had never found myself laughing to the point where I could feel it from my stomach.

My birthday was very fun and full of laughs. There was probably not one birthday I had before in my first or second life that could match up to this party.

My Fiancée Hates Me [Completed]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara