Chapter 49: The Dare

I should just find a tie and quickly leave...

It was my first time wandering through the male dorms. There were not guards specifically roaming about, so it was easy to slip in. This must be the reason why the young Nobles here are able to frequently visit each their lover's rooms back in my day or present time now...

I found out that there were distinct differences with the decor between the male and female dorms. Compared to the glamorous and flowery decor of the girl dorms, the male dorms were slightly more mellow and less colorful.

It was late, so there were not many people roaming the halls. I wanted to avoid their gazes, so I quickly hid whenever someone came near.

I went towards the upper floors since I remembered that higher Nobles lived higher up. As I did so, the number of people roaming about started to decrease and my chances of getting caught lowered significantly.

My cousin Randall should be up there. I remembered that he told me that he had a good view of the clocktower from his room and that he lived at the end of the hallway. There were two rooms that fit the descriptions. I was split at a medium and had to turn left or right.

Which one do I choose?

"What are you doing here?" someone from behind me asked.

I turned around and saw Garett with the ends of his hair slightly wet along with his shirt.

Did he come from a bath?

"Garett...I'm here for..."

We suddenly heard some incoming voices.

My wrist was suddenly grabbed by Garett.

"Girls are forbidden in male dorms. Let's go to my room first," he said as he went towards one end of the hallway.

"W-Wait..."

I would rather get caught than go into his room alone with him.

My complaints went unheard, and I entered the bedroom.

Garett suddenly began stripping.

"I need to get out of these wet clothes first if you don't mind," he said as he took off his soaked clothes.

I do mind!

I turned away but was unable to completely avert my gaze out of temptation.

I was married before, so I saw my husband's body multiple times. His Knights would also wander about shirtless as well, but Garett was a man that oozed sex appeal even though he usually keeps himself covered from the neck up even on the hottest summer days. Anyone with a lick of curiosity in their blood would want to take a peek at this man's body.

Unexpectedly, Garett was hiding a very fit and muscular body. His shoulders were broad while his waist seemed to be accentuated the multiple lines running along his midriff. I had never seen him workout before but apparently his six-pack said otherwise.

"So, what were you doing there?" Garett asked after he began buttoning up a white standing collar shirt.

He is in his casual clothes...

I suddenly felt his face come close to mine and flinched from surprise.

"Ah, I'm sorry...I was in deep thought," I said.

"Should you really be so deep in thought while you are in a room alone with a man?"

My heart raced for a moment before it cooled down. I was surprisingly calm for the situation I was in.

"The other party is Garett after all..."

He slightly scrunched his eyebrows as he made his way to the opposite side of the room.