Chapter 57: No Longer Queen

It has been three days since Kaya Ouchi has left Dolton and I for dead in this place.

I woke up early in hope that I could make a sundial to keep track of time. It proved to be unnecessary when I found a well preserved sundial made out of stone behind the cabin.

Dolton was finally able to move freely around. He was not at peak condition, but he was able to do things like a short walk or helping me gather some fruits.

"Are you alright to be moving around?" I asked Dolton as he picked up an axe.

"If I do not strain myself, I should be fine...Even if I do, I will still be fine."

"What does that mean?" I asked him.

"You will take care of me if I get hurt," he said with a smile.

My heart jumped slightly.

"I am not that free..."

I quickly turned around and took my basket of fruits.

The men around me are too different and difficult to understand. Prince Erik was somewhat of an angelic beautiful man with a hot and cold personality, Garett was a beautiful man with a lot of hidden sex appeal yet also someone very kind and loving, and Dolton is a bit of a wild handsome man with a lot of charisma. I was never able to properly interact with either of them in our previous life, and now I am living with one of them.

I sighed as I went back in the cabin.

Since I had spare time before Dolton would recover enough for us to explore our whereabouts, I took up a hobby of making my own tea. I was also able to make my own coffee with dandelions since I was so free. Maybe I should continue this hobby when I get back as well. I wonder if the dorm supervisors would let me borrow the kitchen from time to time.

"My Queen, I have brought back some firewood," Dolton said as he took off his backpack that I made from rope and some sticks lying around. "This is pretty handy for carrying a lot of things."

"I thought the rope might be useful, so I saved it," I said as I began making a fire in the fireplace. "If you could take off your shirt now?"

"...Yes," he said as he took off his shirt.

The wound was healing up very nicely. At this rate, there might not even be a scar. I am glad that I used scar preventing herbs awhile ago.

I took a look at the other cuts on Dolton's body as well while he was unclothed. They were healing well and fairly quickly.

For some reason, Dolton's back was straighter than usual.

"...Is something the matter?" I asked him. "Your back is straighter than usual."

"...It tickles where you touch me."

I suddenly felt a bit flushed when our gazes met at eye level for a moment.

I suppose it was a bit brazen for me to touch his body without any thought of it. He was indeed a man with his towering muscular figure and sharp jawline and I was a woman.

I quickly wrapped up his wound and sat a few feet apart from him.

"The wound looks good," I said.

Dolton suddenly held up my wrists.

"The rope marks are still here..."

"My skin is a little more sensitive than others. I am using ointment on them everyday, so the marks will eventually disappear. As they are now, it looks a bit hideous."

Dolton suddenly lifted one of my wrists to his face and lightly pressed his lips to my bruise.

"Beautiful..."