Chapter 45: Fanning Flames

Garett and I went back to reading our separate books across from each other.

"...Nothing changed," Charlotte said.

"This style suits us well," I told Charlotte.

"I expected as much from you two," Charlotte said with a sigh. "No progress as always."

Progress?

I suppose Charlotte did help us grow a bit closer. I suddenly locked eyes with Garett and quickly shifted my gaze afterwards.

If it were not for the stupid stunt she pulled yesterday, I would be able to look Garett in the eye and not hide behind my book all the time.

Seriously, why would Garett even pull my headband off with his teeth? It almost looked as if he was eating me up...

I tried to get rid of the lewd thought by fanning myself.

The large tower clock rang.

I quickly stood up.

"I need to leave. I am on the Beautification Committee," I told Charlotte and Garett as I quickly left.

My homeroom teacher had asked me to join the Beautification Committee from seeing my scores in the past few tests.

I accidentally screwed up and took the tests a little too seriously and ended up with getting the best scores within my grade level and the attention of my teachers who made me join the committee.

The meeting would be held in a conference room near the student council office.

To my surprise, Prince Erik was there along with ten other students. There were only three seats left available. One was the seat furthest away from Prince Erik, one was across from him, and there was one seat right next to him. I tried picking the seat furthest away.

"Each seat is assigned with name tags. Your seat is right here," Prince Erik said as he pointed to the seat beside him.

Next to him?

I plopped myself onto the chair beside him.

"Thank you for informing me, Your Highness."

"I was the one who arranged this seating order," Prince Erik whispered.

My first life husband is courting me...Now, I understand why old flames are dangerous.

I quickly turned my attention to the documents before me.

A young girl and the surprising guest Channing Wells came in shortly afterwards. That striking light green hair was unmistakable...

I suppose the Last Boss will arrive when I do something outrageous like using the restroom during class hours.

"Since everyone has arrived, shall we begin?"

The discussion was mainly directed between four students including Channing Wells. Prince Erik would intervene once in awhile when budget was mentioned and quickly give a short and bitter refusal. The free flow of ideas were slowly coming to a standstill.

I decided to put my input in a way that would be acceptable for Prince Erik's pickiness. He readily accepted my ideas. I was used to Erik's pickiness, so it would only be natural that I understood his thoughts regarding this at least.

If we do not decide about what to do with the leftover budget, it would simply go towards the Homecoming Dance.

"With the left over budget, we should use it to decorate the bridge," Channing Wells suggested.