Chapter 61: Simple Love

Garett was away for some school matters. It was perfect timing since I wanted to discuss something important with Charlotte and Grace.

"I have truly fallen for Garett," I told them over tea.

Charlotte and Grace screamed off the top of their lungs.

"...Was it that surprising?" I asked them.

"I knew it was only a matter of time before you two would have mutual feelings!" Charlotte said. "He had an interest in you ever since you two first met."

I slightly choked on my drink.

"Was it really that long?" I asked Charlotte.

"It was obviously love at first sight from how he looked at you," Charlotte said said as she touched her cheek. "Poor Garett...to be in love with such an oblivious young lady."

"Am I that oblivious?" I asked Grace.

"Yes, quite so," Grace replied with her usual perky smile. "Your obliviousness is also one of your cute points, Lady Arielle."

I do not need that kind of compliment...

If this Garett fell in love with me at first sight, I imagine that it was the same for the Garett in his first life as well. I do not ever remember being such a sinful beauty before...I suppose my mother is quite beautiful. There was Garett's beautiful stalker Shia, but he did not seem very taken with her.

Am I thinking to highly of myself if I call myself special to Garett?

"Even though I have fallen for Garett, I still have feelings towards my first love," I said.

Grace does not know that I went back in time before I married. All she thinks is that I am in love with Prince Erik even after our engagement has broken up.

"I do not think Garett is after your complete heart...He just wants to love you as yourself. I think it is fine for now," Grace said.

My lack of sincerity and indecisiveness will end up hurting them both.

"I am considering them both seriously..."

"...If that does not end well, just date both of them," Charlotte said.

"Where is the sincerity in that?" I asked Charlotte.

"Arielle, out of everyone in the whole wide world, I think you deserve the most happiness," Charlotte said. "You have suffered enough under those intense feelings and memories."

I held my hand over my heart.

I can never let go of my feelings for Erik, neither can I stop loving Garett. This might be true even if I end up loving and marrying someone else. They both made me who I am today, but the person I want to respond to is...

"I want to love Garett with my all," I said to much of my embarrassment.

"With time!" Charlotte said as she hugged my head into her chest.

Grace joined in the hug with us and comforted me greatly.

I later went to visit Dolton's hospital room with yellow daisies.

"My Lady!" Dolton said as he quickly sat up.

"You could have stayed down," I said with a small chuckle. "I came to brighten your room with some flowers."

"I could not possibly...Are you only here to deliver flowers?" Dolton asked.

"I came to speed up your recovery with some short conversation as well," I said as I sat beside his bedside.