Chapter 117: Hunting Boars

On the day of the hunting event, I rode with Garett in his carriage to the venue.

Garett seemed a more dashing than usual. He had stopped wearing his fake glasses since the day of our engagement party and began dressing to impress lately. For today, he decided to wear a fitted all white uniform with a dark brown vest like mine with knee high leather boots. Since it was sportswear, I could notice where the clothes hugged his figure and could not stop staring at how fit he was.

"Nervous?" Garett asked after a long silence of me just staring at him.

Did he notice me ogling him?

"A-A little," I admitted.

"You will do great at the hunting competition. You have been practicing for such a long time," Garett said as he pat my head with his hands.

It was not about me ogling him...

When he pats my head like this, I feel a little smaller than usual. It makes my confidence waver.

After he removed his hand, I found that a large ribbon had been left in its place. When I looked at the ends, I saw that he had tied a green ribbon the same color of his eyes to my ponytail.

"This is..."

"It is a perfect gift for your hair today," Garett said with a smile.

"Thank you, Garett," I said happily.

When the carriage stopped, Garett came down first and helped me down. He then wrapped a waist-length evergreen cape around my shoulders and tied it tightly around my neck.

"You do look nice, but I worry about the gazes of other men looking at your tightly fitted clothes," Garett said.

The cape was made of a not so heavy material and allowed easy movement, so I did not have much to complain about.

"I am just wondering why you did not put it on me earlier," I said.

Garett's face quickly became red.

"It should be fine if your fiancé gets to ogle at you for a bit, right?" Garett said.

I blushed when I realized that he was looking closely at me too.

"...Garett, you are the closet pervert type," I said as I wrapped my arms around my chest defensively.

"...You are definitely picking a fight," Garett said.

Garett and I soon went to check-in and separated at our assigned locations. The location I had chosen was the same area with Nevel Pillar.

"Oh, a female participant?" Nevel Pillar said as he came up beside me. "You seem familiar...Oh! You were the girl I met at the party that day, so you are now here as a huntress. That is pretty exciting."

"...You should focus more on yourself. The competition is going to start soon," I said coldly.

He soon scoffed.

"You are so serious. This is just a simple hunting competition if they allow dainty women like you to participate in a man's sport. Women can't hunt after all," Nevel Pillar said snidely.

When the horn had sounded, it meant that it was time for the hunt to begin.

I let Nevel Pillar get a head start before I followed after him on horse. He decided to tie his horse outside of the woodland. I followed in pursuit and readied my bow and arrow at Nevel Pillar's back from a distance. As I pulled the string back, I remembered back to my last memories with Nevel Pillar in my past life and the last moment of where I beheaded him.