Chapter 5: Upsetting Girl

[Past Life]

It was about a month in of her transfer that I heard about her again.

"Lady Arielle, that Lady Kaya is up to no good," a female classmate told me.

"Yes? Remind me again...Who is Lady Kaya?" I asked.

I had never heard of such a foreign name before.

"Arielle, she is the transfer student with black hair and eyes that everyone is talking about," Charlotte explained. "She is a Baron's daughter but kept her mother's last name, so she goes by the name Kaya Ouchi."

Normally, an heiress would have changed their last name...

She was that girl who only surrounded herself with handsome men, so she was already strange to begin with.

"Ah, I remember now."

"Have you spoken to her?" Charlotte asked.

"Only once," I answered her. "Why did you even mention Lady Kaya?"

"She is following His Highness Prince Erik around a lot lately," the classmate told me.

"Maybe she wants to add him to her harem?" I guessed.

"Arielle, be a bit more serious about this," Charlotte complained to me.

My fiancé aside, she is rather a power hungry young lady.

"I will ask him about it at lunch," I told Charlotte.

Prince Erik and I sat outside underneath a tree again for lunch.

I asked for Prince Erik to not prepare anything so that I could make some sandwiches for the two of us.

"They are beautiful!" Prince Erik praised.

"Goodness...They are rather average."

"They are also delicious," he said after he took a bite.

I could not help but feel a smile on my face.

"I am glad."

It was worth getting up early in the morning.

"That face was a bit too cute," he said as he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

I felt my face become flushed.

"Ah! I almost forgot to ask. What do you think of Lady Kaya Ouchi?" I brought up abruptly.

"Hm? That girl?"

He knows of her?

"Yes."

"I have seen her speaking casually with various men before."

Prince Erik looked rather annoyed while he was speaking of her.

"Has she approached you?"

"The thing is..."

"What a surprise seeing you here, Prince Erik!" a high pitched voice chimed in.

The voice belonged to Kaya Ouchi.

"What a surprise seeing you here, Prince Erik!" a high pitched voice chimed in.

Prince Erik likes to fool around a lot, so we had chosen somewhere very far from the classes and the eyes of other people using private land to have our lunches. He practically designated this area as his private area and has only allowed few including myself to enter.

Everyone else should know this place is restricted area. Did he invite her?

"You must be the new girl who transferred here," he started with his usual polite tone.