Chapter 38: Malice

I began my Academy life with typical general classes, social classes, and then knightly studies on odd days in the morning. As expected, I was the only female within my class. It did not sit well with male counterparts.

Despite being born from a good family, people still look down on me simply because I was a female. In my first life, I was Prince Erik's fiancée and not merely a high born person. No one dared to harm me, only now am I seen as an outcast to my peers of both males and females.

I had been training ever since I had regained my memories, but the difference in brawn between a male and female are no laughing matter.

I have to work hard everyday by doing seven consecutive laps around the forest, at least one thousand sword swings, a hundred sit-ups, two hundred pushups, and making sure my body retained its suppleness and elasticity from doing body stretching.

My workout regime had increased at least three times from my previous life. As a result, I gained some more muscles but somehow I still managed to keep my softness to my body.

"Lady Arielle is a bit stuck up," a girl said from above on the second floor.

My hearing was quite well, so I cannot imagine hearing her incorrectly. I continued to pay no mind to the whispers and continued on my way to class.

I soon felt some incoming object coming my way from a shadow being casted on me.

It was a flower pot. As a flower pot was about to drop on my head, I felt someone pull me from behind.

"That is dangerous!" Randall yelled.

It was my cousin Randall who saved me.

"Oh...Randall. It has been awhile," I said nonchalantly.

"Is that all you have to say seeing as though you almost got hurt?" Randall asked.

I paid no mind to his question and began picking up the large pieces of the shattered pot up.

"Do you mind getting a broom and dustpan?" I asked him.

"Why should I leave you after what just happened?" Randall asked.

"The culprit always leaves immediately after committing the crime," I answered him.

He soon grabbed my wrist.

"Stop this...You are bleeding," Randall said.

He as right. I had cut my fingers and had not noticed. He pulled me by my wrist and gently pulled me along. I watched his long braided pink hair dance behind him.

"...Not to the nurse. Rumors will spread," I said.

Randall brought me behind the church located on campus. He knocked five times on the back door to which Gavin Lord opened the door.

"One first-aid kit, please," Randall ordered.

"Donations, please," Gavin said as he held out his hand.

"The Church is a free service..."

What an amusing and unlikely duo...

"Right this way," Gavin said as he led us to their church run hospital.

I cleaned my hands with fresh soap and water. I found it odd how my pain resistance went up to the point where I would not notice small cuts like these. To anyone else, it would be a bit worrying. I can still feel pain, so it is not much of a cause for worry. The reason for my desensitization is still a bit of a worry.

"I will wrap it for you," Randall said as he moved the kit away from me. I reluctantly sat in front of him as he began wrapping my hand. He squeezed my hand lightly. "Does this not hurt?"