Chapter 18: Rain

Rainy days are essential, especially for warm and sunny climates. Nariel receives rain particularly four months of the year and over a hundred and fifty days in a whole year. Today just happens to be one of those rainy days.

I can clearly smell the humid air and hear each individual drop of rain as it hits the ground. It is calming...almost a bit too much.

The usually bustling library was quiet. Only the steps of the staff could be heard. I expected as much since the rainfall was especially heavy today. I only had a few simple tasks for today and was made to close all of the windows before my next break. I had finished my task and found myself reading another book in the back of the library.

"Ari...Arielle..."

I could hear someone's voice calling my name.

I opened my eyes and saw my hand stroking a familiar blonde head.

We were both laying down beside each other in a bed of white sheets.

"...Erik?"

"Who did you think it was?" he asked with a teasing tone. He smiled and removed my hand from his head. "You must really like my hair."

His hair reminds me of the sun, so full of light and glistening...

"I'm sorry..."

"I don't mind whenever you touch me," he said as he pulled my palm towards his lips and kissed my hand. "I would prefer it if you touched me more often."

I felt embarrassed and retracted my hand.

"...There will be no more of that."

"I think it's fair since you were the one who cutely begged me to hold you until dawn last night..."

I quickly closed off his mouth with my hands.

"I did no such thing..."

He removed my hands and rolled over on top of me.

"Shall I remind you then?" Erik asked with a sly smile as he caresses my thighs.

I pouted at him.

I soon felt the need to touch his face. I held his face in my hand. He was warm.

...Why would he not be?

"You are warm..."

"Of course I am. Ari is warm too," he said as he lightly brushed my neck. "When I touch you lightly like this, you get very warm..."

"Erik is too perverse..."

"All men are like this before the woman they like...In my case, I love you a lot, so of course my love would be more intense."

It feels like I have not heard him say that in a long time.

"...Erik, are you happy?" I asked him suddenly.

He looked at me oddly and then slightly scrunched his eyebrows.

I felt his knee graze against my inner thigh.

"...Are you checking to see if I am potent? I think you know as well as I do how sturdy I am. Even right now, I am rearing to go."

"I am not talking about that!"

This idiot...

Erik's warm lips fell over my eyes and my lips. He stared at me closely with loving eyes.

"I am very happy...More importantly, are you happy?"

"Yes, I am," I said as I closed my eyes as I prepared myself for another kiss.