Chapter 24: Why Can't She Understand Me [Garett]

[Garett's Perspective]

I wonder how one person could anger me like so. A girl has been coming and going from the library as she pleases to bother me.

Even Arielle is being so dense...How dare she assume that I have feelings for that annoying girl? I am obviously...I am obviously what? Feelings?

I have feelings for her sounds about right...However, it pains me to think that I finally understand all of those other boys who have similar feelings towards Arielle. Maybe I am on the same level as them since she was supportive of Miss Salome.

Even so, I am not understanding of why Arielle is being so supportive of another person with a one sided love.

Ah, Arielle is the same way with that person...I suppose it is is natural to support people with one sided loves for her.

I scratched my head.

Everything is throwing me off lately.

I will go get a new book from the school library and see if it will help me relax.

Just then, an annoyance walked my way.

There he is...Prince Erik.

Hoping that he would ignore me, I stepped to the side. He took notice of me and still waved in my direction.

I lowered my head as he walked past me. He lowered his head at the same time.

"You have mistaken your position, Prince Erik," I said crisply.

I cannot ignore this action.

We do not usually interact with each other in public, but I need to correct him now before it is too late.

"My apologies," he said.

This wishy washy person is who she is interested in?

"A Prince should not have to apologize for something so small."

"I should at least...to you. After all, I am–"

"No, you are who everyone says you are, so until then, you will stay in that position," I said quietly as I walked closer to him.

I soon brushed against his shoulder and walked past him.

I saw Arielle later that afternoon in the library. She had chosen another fantasy novel. I had already surmised that her tastes were along the lines of romance, drama, and action with fantasy themes due to her usual selections. That did not mean that she did not like to read other things. She could read things from manuals to politics and would even brush up on medical books. It seemed a bit odd for someone her age and gender to invest in those kind of books.

I walked around her and went to sit in my usual spot. She was quietly invested in her book and diligently reading. I wonder when I began to like being around another person. My quality of reading seemed to get better when I am with this person. I liked every bit of our time together. It was a strange feeling. I had never felt my heart so warm and full from just being around her.

I quietly passed her some premium cookies I bought the other day.

"Hm? Cookies?" she said as she pondered the clear bag.

"I'm giving them to you," I said stiffly.

The premium cookies took three hours of waiting in line at a famous bakery...

"Huh? Garett!"

It seems she did only just noticed me...

"I was wrong the other day for raising my voice at you. Miss Salome was getting on my nerves. It is no reason to take my anger out on you."

"I was in the wrong as well. How you choose to deal with her is up to your discretion. I still think that you should still consider her feelings and cut her off cleanly if you intend to do so."

She is unaware of my feelings for her, which makes her much crueler.

"I will," I assured her.

I will only do this for her because it is her.

"Shall we share these cookies then?" she asked as she held up the bag.

"Gladly."