Chapter 6: Love No One

[Past Life]

I decided to wander around the school by myself for my next art project. Charlotte was away due to her club activities, and I did not like forcing myself to associate with other when Charlotte is not around.

I thought that I would explore the school instead. If anyone is going to explore the school, the higher the scenery the better it is.

I used a hairpin of mine to unlock the the door up to the clocktower. Students are not allowed up this far due to safety reasons, but I should be fine if I am caught since I am Prince Erik's fiancée. With this excuse, I can nearly avoid any kind of punishment.

The ledge seemed fairly safe from the size of it being around forty centimeters in width and there being another ledge below for if I were to fall off. I easily climbed upwards and rested myself along with my feet up onto the ledge.

A cold breeze swept through my hair softly. I should have brought a shawl for myself...I might get a cold from staying up here.

I saw a familiar person walking below in the garden. It was His Highness walking alone. I thought about calling out to him, but then Lady Kaya had appeared walking beside His Highness alone. She clung to his sleeve from behind. His Highness did not seem to refuse her either. I am aware that he should not brush off other girls so easily for political reasons, but why is seeing such a thing unbearable?

My heart stung as I watched them become friendly. I met up with His Highness for lunch in a study room.

"Lady Kaya is not as bad as I thought," he said suddenly. "She appears frivolous at a glance. That is only because she is naive. I hated her at first, but then I found out that she is easy to talk to and she knows various things. If you talk to her, you will understand too."

While he was talking about her, I could only beg for him to stop countless times within my mind. I felt sick about how smart that woman was at using her assets to charm Prince Erik so easily. It is because of my pride that I cannot do the same.

"I apologize...I must get going," I said as I got up.

Hearing him compliment another woman had brought me pains within my stomach. It did not go away even after I went to bed in the night. I ended up not sleeping a wink.

Before I knew it, I had equestrian classes in the morning already. Class had just started, yet I was already wiping sweat from my forehead. Today's morning rays are a bit intense today. Part way through riding on my horse, my vision became dazed.

"Lady Arielle, there is an obstacle over there!" someone had yelled.

I immediately yanked at the reins. I was unable to avoid the obstacle in my course and had flew off from my horse.

Later, I had woken up within the school infirmary.

"How are you feeling?" Garett asked.

His thick glasses contained a glare from the sun that caused his eyes to be hidden. Even so, I could tell that he was worried about me.

"Did you help me?" I asked him.

"You just happened to be on my path."

Liar...

You were desperately chasing after me.

"I see."

"You are so troublesome."

His mouth is so rude even when I am in pain.

"I apologize for you to have to go out of your way for a troublemaker like me..." I said as I sat up.