Chapter 44: Growing Affections

Charlotte's date plan was set for the very next day. It was incredibly fast for her to make up a complex plan within a day. She must have spent all night coming up with the plan.

Upon Charlotte's coordination, I was made to lightly curl my hair and wear a braided headband style with large white ribbons. My clothes consisted of a buttoned up white one-piece dress that rose above my knees and had a ribbon necktie with a similar tie around my waist. I also wore maroon-colored tights with a white diamond patterned and some white T-styled heels and a white cape with a white fluffy fur pan collar.

I do not deny that it was a cute look. I just would have expected her to help me coordinate a more mature look. Even the skirt barely passes by my bottom. I thought it was a bit short before I wore it. With my figure as it is now, the skirt is seeming even shorter than before.

"Does this even count as semi-casual?" Garett asked.

I had arrived fifteen minutes before our meeting time in the town square. Garett arrived ten minutes early as well.

He was wearing a more casual green suit and a black string necktie and had his long hair tied and swept over one shoulder. The ends of his ponytail and bangs were slight curled, making his face more visible.

I could not help but be slightly impressed by how more beautiful this man was with a few adjustments.

"I do not think this really counts as casual...Charlotte chose it for me, so I thought that I might as well wear it."

"All of your clothes are rather fancy..."

"My clothes are mostly chosen by other people like my mother, Charlotte, and Maura. Most of the clothes I choose allow more freedom of movement and are not really fashionable in a sense."

"...That explains the diversity."

"I think there was something we had to do upon meeting each other," I said as I took out the guide that Charlotte wrote up.

Charlotte's Tasks!
1. Compliment her outfit!

"...You look fancy," Garett said awkwardly.

He already said that...

"Thank you. You look well dressed today too," I said.

"What is the next task?" Garett asked as he leaned in towards my shoulder.

I was a bit surprised by the closeness of Garett.

He had gotten more than a head taller than me, so now he has to bend to look over my shoulders.

Charlotte's Tasks!
2. Hold hands at all times!

I held out my right hand.

"Shall we?" I asked Garett.

He took my hand with a slightly disgruntled face.

"Normally, the male is supposed to lead," he said as he laced his fingers with mine.

I slightly became frazzled from the immediate intimate style of hand holding he had chosen.

His hand is large as well...I had only held hands before with Erik. I cannot help my heart from racing a bit even though I was the one to initiate it.

"...I think you are doing a fine job at leading," I whispered softly enough for him not to hear me.

Our destination was to Bunny-land the World of Fluffiness. Using a boat, we traveled to the mainland in search of an amusement park.

"Dear Lord..." Garett said upon the entrance adorned with flowers and the numerous people wearing bunny ears and tails. He seemed really shocked by how many things were bunny themed. "They have created an amusement park surrounding animals that are able to feed on each other's defecate for nutrients."