Chapter 65: Ridiculous Play

It was finally the third day of the festival.

"Cut!"

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked the screenwriter.

"...Lady Arielle, do you not notice where your hands are?"

I looked up above me and saw that my hands were both on the male lead's mouth.

This was the scene where the cursed Princess would receive a kiss from the lips of her Prince to break the spell. This was the second to last scene where I would have to appear apart from the wedding scene. I had messed up this scene at least twenty times because I did not want to kiss the male lead.

I quickly removed my hands.

"I am very sorry...I keep on subconsciously blocking his lips," I said as I lowered my head slightly.

"We were the ones in need of your help," the screenwriter said.

I was playing the role of the Princess. The original actress had fell off the stage during the rehearsal and was deemed unable to continue by her doctor.

I thought it was a shame since I loved the show on the first day. The lines were rather so simple that I happened to remember all of the lines. Unfortunately, that brought this situation upon myself.

"Just think of me as your lover when we do the scene," the male lead said.

I have not even done such an intimate scene with my lover yet.

Garett accompanied me through the rehearsals. He seemed to be rather in touch with the script from how his eyes never left the pages.

I had changed into a long dark rose colored dress and had my makeup and hair braided prettily with small white flowers, but he has yet to say anything. I am not even sure if he has seen me in this outfit yet since we started.

Suddenly, Prince Erik appeared.

"Sorry, I am late," Prince Erik said.

"What is Prince Erik here for?" I asked the male lead.

"...I am actually the sub-lead. His Highness is the real lead of this play. I filled in for the first day because His Highness was busy that day."

Wait...what?

"Am I to do this play with him?" I asked as I grabbed the male sub-lead's collar. "Does this include all of the action scenes and the kiss scene?"

"Y-Yes...I thought you were aware," he replied.

"...I quit," I said as I pulled the crown off my head.

"Please do not say that!" the male sub-lead said as he grabbed my shoulders.

"I refuse!" I said once more.

"...Do you really hate me that much?" Prince Erik asked.

"As I said before, I would like to avoid misunderstandings..."

"It's fine, Arielle," Garett said with a smile. I was slightly taken aback by how professional it seemed. He was back to his Librarian smile days. Garett suddenly wrapped his arm around my waist. He never shows public affection like this. "You can share your romantic scenes with His Highness."

Is it really alright to act this bold in front of His Highness?

Actually, this is the first interaction that I have seen between the two of them since my jump to the past...They are really quite similar when put in the same room.

What am I doing?

I am marveling at the fact that these cousins are finally interacting with each other rather than be worried about my former fiancé and my current lover talking to each other....