Two

They nodded slowly, trying to process the large amount of information I just threw at them. 

"You've been praying?" Jack asked his mom. 

She nodded slowly, not breaking eye contact with me. She gave me a smile. but something seemed off about it. 

She got up, looking like she was going to give me a hug but before reaching me she punched me. In the face. Very hard. 

It of course didn't hurt at all I barely felt it, I just looked at her in confusion even her son blinking at her. 

This was not going to help him believe he wasn't high and hallucinating. 

"Uhhhh... What was that?" 

She frowned and then pinched me making me leap backwards, holding my arm protectively. 

"Jen?" I asked as she lunged at me, considering to pinch me all over my arms, occasionally adding a little flick. 

I lifted her off me, restringing her arms to stop her from pinching me. 

"Mom?" Jack asked, seeming even more worried now. 

She gave us a sheepish smile shrugging, "I had to check if I was dreaming." 

"You're supposed to pinch yourself, not attack me!" I said, shaking me head at her. 

She shrugged, returning to her seat like she didn't just lunge at me like that. 

"Anyways..." I said, giving her a careful look before continuing, "Want to explain to me your situation? You didn't say much in you prayers." 

She nodded, cuddling into the couch. 

I quickly summoned a few lattes, placing one in each of our laps and blankets to make us cozier, wrapping around us gently. 

Jack had a huge smile on his face, happily cuddling into the blanket making me giggle a little. He was a pretty large and intimidating man, he obviously had no problem with me anymore. 

"Its kind of complicated but I'll do my best to explain. So, lets start off with the fact that some God took over earth." I raised eyebrow at that, I was not expecting this. 

"No clue what his name is, everyone just calls him Tyran, short for Tyrannous which is quite fitting for him. He controls the entire planet, killing off all of the humans immediately then enslaving the weak. He goes from pack to pack, ordering everyone around and then taking all of the weak werewolves, the runts mostly, and no one ever sees them again. We've been told that he's hitting our pack next and we're, as you can expect, incredibly worried. We have a lot of weaker werewolves living with us, some even half human who will all get taken." 

Her hands were shaking at the end and I secretly changed her coffee to decaf. I could see that Jack was really tense, shifting under the blanket he was once so content in. 

I frowned. While reflecting on their words, devising a plan, I reached into their minds calming them gently. 

They both settled down, seeming to be relaxed for the first time in a while. 

They both drifted off to sleep, clearly very tired, they probably haven't been sleeping properly. 

I walked around the house, humming to myself as I thought. Around me the wild life flourished, flowers blooming and growing and plants losing their brown, turning a healthy shade of green. 

Since I am the daughter of the sun plants love me, it explains my green thumb and love of nature for sure. 

I walked out of their house, deciding to examine everything for myself before building a proper plan. I walked down the small windy path, heading towards the pack house.