Thirteen

We all stood there in silence, trying to pay attention to the man we desperately needed help from and ignore Donny who was groaning loudly and trying to climb out of the pit he created, rubbing his neck.

Tears were beginning to cloud my vision as I tried to hold in my laughter, my fists clenched as I tried to be serious.

I could see Zeus visibly shaking with silent laughter next to me and I could feel Jacob and Killian's struggle without even having to see them.

The man looked around regally, probably expecting us to bow down in awe and beg for him to bless him with more of his magic or freak out about how he had just appeared out of nowhere or something.

He just stared at us as we all stood in an awkward silence before he finally decided to break it.

"Who are you?" He boomed throughout the space intimidatingly.

Apparently that was the limit for us because as soon as I heard Jacob snort a little behind me, no longer being able to contain his laughter we all burst out into a full blown laugh. Zeus's laugh was loudly booming while Jacob fell to the ground, slapping the sand next to him. Killian seemed to keep it together a little better, chuckling a little be seemingly distracted by the cocky man.

I was hunched over, grabbing my stomach as tears flowed down my face.

Okay, so maybe we were overacting, it wasn't THAT funny but there's something about situations when you really can't laugh that make the awkwardness so much more hilarious.

Donny pouted, running back to us with his natural speed, effectively shocking the man a little as he inspected the idiot that just flew head first into a dune shrieking like a 5 year old girl.

Seriously, he has a pretty deep voice I had no idea his voice could even come close to getting that high.

Once we finally pulled our shit together the man cleared his throat, making it very obvious how irritated he was.

Jacob finally decided to step forward and I saw the recognition flash through the man's eyes.

"Hey, man!" Jacob explained and the man who's name I still didn't know stood there with wide eyes staring at him.

Jacob tried to go in for the bro hug but the man stepped back eyeing him.

"I don't know who the fuck you are but taking over the body or appearance or whatever the fuck you are of a dead king is beyond disgusting get the fuck away before I blow you and all of your friends up so they will never find your bodies just some mysterious red mist covering the sand that will soon blow away and you'll never be found again. Just mysteriously disappearing." He said darkly and we all stared at him with wide eyes.

Somehow I found myself in the situation again where I just wanted to burst out into laughter but this REALLY wasn't the time.

"Woah dude, I never knew you cared." Jacob said playfully, placing a hand over his chest and tilting his head. "But you're right, I did die, temporarily. But it turns out I'm a God."

"Prove it." The man said with narrowed eyes. "Prove you're my friend and not some sick psychopath or I'll blow you up."

Jacob looked taken aback, seeming to search through his memories. I don't know why people always asked this question its really not something that you can easily answer I mean damn.

"I can't think of anything... Can you ask me a question or something?"

The man thought for a second before nodding. "Tell me how we met and why Jacob came to stay with us in the first place."