Twenty-Nine

"So," I said a little nervously, "what have you been up to since I last saw you? It's been a while."

Fire narrowed his eyes, leaning forward slightly. 

"You can go into my mind. Figure it out yourself." 

I frowned a little, tilting my head. 

"I'd rather hear it from you." I said, frowning a little. 

He scowled, leaning back in his seat. "Well, I would've liked to hear that you actually hadn't given up on trying to find my sister this whole time from you and not some random ass titan of the mind that I don't know, but we don't always get what we want." He said coldly and realization hit me. 

"Oh." I said softly. 

"Ya, oh. How did you think I'd react? Why did you keep this from us?" He asked and I couldn't help but realize this was kind of the most I had ever heard him talk, it was a little strange, honestly. 

"I'm sorry Coal, I just-"

"Just stop. My name is Fire. I will do this date because it might save my sister but this doesn't mean I forgive you."

I felt the guilt eating away at my stomach so hard I almost wanted to throw up. He was completely right, I should have told him. I just didn't want him getting his hopes up. I didn't want him to be a part of this whole situation. I probably would have told him eventually before I went to get Aqua, once I was sure I was able to do it but I didn't want to let him down. I didn't want him to look at me differently or turn on me because I wasn't strong enough to help. 

"Okay, I understand." I said softly and Fire nodded coldly before gesturing to a nearby waiter who ran over as fast as possible for her little legs.

"Hi, I'm A-" She started but Fire cut her off. 

"We'll have the steaks and just some waters." He said dismissively. 

I knew he was angry but I wish he wouldn't take it out on the waitress she hadn't done anything wrong, she was just trying to do her job. 

I tried to give her a reassuring smile to make her feel better, to explain that she hadn't done anything wrong, that he was just in a mood but she was running out before I had a chance. 

I looked at Fire disapprovingly and he just rolled his eyes. 

"What have you been up to since you lied and left?" He asked, his voice as emotionless as ever and I felt myself flinch slightly. 

"I've been going to see all the people who wronged me while on earth." I said staring at the table, shaking my leg slightly. "I was trying to get closure, let myself see that they can't hurt me. When I was on earth the stars manipulated all the people that were close to me against me. A lot of shit happened and before Coeus can start teaching me to control my mind, so that I can save Aqua, I have to get past all these things and find my soul bound. Now we're here." I said, opening up a bit. 

I felt a little vulnerable revealing these things about my past life but I still trusted Fire, even though he was mad. I wasn't ready to give him any details but I got along well with Fire when he wasn't angry at me. 

Fire nodded, his arms crossed. 

"You?"I asked. He looked at me silently before looking away as our food arrived. 

I sighed. Once again the waitress was gone too soon for me to be able to talk to her. 

I looked down at my food but the guilt swirling around my stomach was making it hard to eat.