Twenty

"I'm Beta Christopher, but you can call me Chris." He said, giving me a small smile which I happily returned.

"Ellie." I said shaking his hand.

"Ellie..." He paused waiting for my last name but I just shook my head. I don't want to be associated with Alpha Green.

"Just Ellie."

He nodded in response.

****************

After training we all went to the kitchen for food and I could fell all eyes on me. I really hated it. Chris seemed to sense that and put a protective arm around me pulling me closer.

"Just ignore them." He whispered in my ear, making me relax as he shot death glares to anyone who stared.

*****************

"Ellie!" I heard from behind me. I turned around to see Chris jogging towards me. I gave him a large smile which he happily returned. He picked me up into a hug.

"You're just so cute!" He replied swinging me around. "You're like a little baby bear!" I giggled at his affection, hugging him back. I honestly love hugs and he clearly does too.

***************

Heeler let the smile slip onto his face as he came to hug me but before he could Chris swept me up bridal style and proceeded to run away with me.

"NO! SHE'S MY E-BEAR, I WANT THE HUGS!" I just giggled at their childishness and gave him a big hug making Heeler pout again.

"NO! YOU CAN'T JUST STEAL MY HUGS!"

"I CAN AND I WILL! I AM THE BETA!"

"Heeler just ran towards him, knocking him onto the floor just as Chris let me down.

I just watched them wrestling, fighting for my hugs on the ground, tears of laughter streaming down my face. Oh how my life has changed.

******************

 was instantly met with a smiling Chris picking me up and spinning my around in a big bear hug. "E-BEAR YOU'RE BACK!" He exclaimed.

Next thing I knew I was being grabbed by my hair and being thrown onto the ground.

I was still pretty weak from everything but thankfully was still strong enough to not feel the pain.

I sat up a little dizzy, holding my head in confusion. I looked up to be met by some girl yelling at me, baring her teeth.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY MATE!" She yelled. 

****************

"I still don't understand why you hate her so much." Sarah continued.

What? I thought Heeler and I got past all this shit.

He sighed deeply, "I know you don't understand, you're too sweet."

She growled a little, "Explain then, because when she was here last time you seemed buddy buddy then as soon as she left you were back to hating her."

"Look, Sarah. Ellie is dangerous. She's... deformed. There's a reason her parents used to beat her."

What?

"I still don't understand."

He sighed, rubbing his face.

"I pretended to forgive her or whatever crap, Jack and Chris made me do it. They don't want to have her as an enemy, she could wipe us out in a matter of seconds."