Twenty-Two

"Okay, next stop is your parents. Alpha and Luna Green." Coeus said, cringing a little when I ripped a tree out of the ground, smashing it on the ground repeatedly. 

Once I let out my frustrations I sighed, shaking out my shoulders, jumping in place and fixing the tree, putting it back into place with my mind, making it look like nothing ever happened. 

"You done?" He asked and I nodded, turning my attention back to him, trying to be calm. 

"Okay, well its been 50 years, so they're very much dead." 

My face lit up. "Great! So I don't need to see them! FANFUCKINGTASTIC! WOO!" I exclaimed happily, flowers blooming all around me, little birds flying around us, chirping happily. I felt like a Disney princess. 

"Well, no. We're still going to go see them. I talked to Hades about talking with them and he said it was 'totally fine dude' and to 'do whatever the fuck you want with his dead morons.' I think he needs to get out more." He cringed. 

I sighed, punching the air awkwardly as the birds started flaying faster, angrily screeching and the flowers grew big ass thorns, turning a deadly dark red.

"I think we need to get you out of the forest." Coeus said carefully, eyeing the accidental chaos beginning to surround us. 

He touched my arm and we were transported to Purgatory. Hades was similar to the myths about him but they weren't completely accurate. He was in charge of the dead but it was a strange mix of religions. There was a heaven that souls took a pit stop in for a few years but then got their memories wiped and are sent back down to earth. 

Those who were bad on earth are sent to purgatory where they pay for their sins until they are ready to be sent back down too. My parents were currently in purgatory and I had a feeling they were going to be there for a very long time before they were sent back down, memories wiped. 

Hades was just in charge of the process of sending souls to one or the other and supervised it all. Well, that's what he was supposed to do but really he just sat around smoking random ass drugs all day while his workers did their things. 

When we got there Hades came sauntering over. 

"Coeus, my man!" He greeted, trying to chest bump Coeus but just ricocheting off of his gigantic mountain of a body. "Eclipse, my lady!" He tried chest bumping me but I pushed him away, accidentally pushing his weak body onto the ground where he groaned a little before standing up, looking around with a strange smile on his face. Damn what kind of drugs was he taking now? 

"You've really got to get out and exercise a little more kid." Coeus said receiving a thumbs up from hades before he wandered off again, accidentally falling over at one point, one of his workers helping him to his feet, cringing at his boss. 

"I guess we'll just have to try and find your parents ourselves..." Coeus mumbled annoyed. "Maybe we should just give up and go home. You don't really need to learn to control minds anyways." He continued and I rolled my eyes. 

To be totally honest I almost fell for it and panicked but I pulled myself together this time. I'm so gullible... 

Coeus turned to me smiling. 

"Well, we might as well get started with the basics. I assume you can feel people's minds around you and if you find one you can sort of follow it to that person." 

I nodded. 

"Well, the next step is really easy you just have to build on that a little. In places like this you need to be able to find the exact path to them so you don't have to walk through dead people's torture or through a pit of lava or something. You need to find the quickest and easiest path to your target."