Forty-Three

"Too bad you won't be alive to tell Zeus." I mumbled softly, hoping the others were too distracted by the migraines they were no doubt facing to overhear. 

"Oh sugar, I already did."

As soon as he uttered those words I killed him, of course. 

My grip on his neck tightened and I popped his head right off his shoulders. 

No part of me regrets it. 

But it didn't have the same satisfying affect I had hoped for. I couldn't appreciate his blood flooding out onto the field or the fact that his little smirk was permanently wiped off his face. 

No, all I could process was that he knew my secret. He knew my secret and already told Zeus everything. 

The Zeus I rejected. The one who went as far as kidnapping me to be with me. 

He knows that if he can kill me during an Eclipse, when I'm at my weakest, everything will start over and if he prepares properly and has the right people remind him of everything he needs to know, he could find me when I'm reborn in a century and have me trust him and maybe even fall in love with him. 

I didn't know how far he was willing to go to have me, but I'm starting to think he'd go pretty damn far. 

If it meant him and I being together I wouldn't put it past him to kill me and wipe everyone else's memory of my existence. He's proved he'll do a lot to have me to himself.

The only way for me to have a chance, if Zeus did manage to kill me, would be to tell someone else my big secret. That way they could prepare, have someone that isn't a god or goddess remind them of my existence they might believe it enough to save me from Zeus. 

It was a long shot but it was all I had. 

I knew that until we managed to capture and lock Zeus up, keeping me safe from him every Eclipse, I wouldn't be okay. 

Zeus was not as harmless as he seemed. 

Just look at all the chaos and distraction he's already managed to cause, and that wasn't even him trying his hardest. 

He was snaky and slick and we absolutely had to catch him before the next eclipse. He just needs to get one little stab in and I'll be done. Dead. Gone forever. Even when I'm reborn, I'll never be the same. 

Fuck. 

I couldn't do this alone, but who could I tell? 

Who could I trust with this motherfucker of a secret? Could I really trust anyone with the one thing that could completely ruin me? Could I really give anyone that much power? That possibility of betraying me in the worst way I could ever be betrayed. Could I really make myself that vulnerable? 

Maybe I didn't need to tell anyone. 

I'm Eclipse, I've handled so much and I can handle this too. I'll just hide away, I won't let my guard down next Eclipse. I can fight Zeus off, I've done it hundreds of times before. 

Of course this time there's no room for error, I have to kill him without him getting a single hit on me. 

Since partial eclipses counted, I had to get through anywhere from four to seven every year. I could totally do that. I'd be okay, it was just Zeus. Sure he was slippery and cunning but this time I saw him for exactly what he was and I would be prepared. 

It wasn't an ideal situation but it was the one I was in.

Suddenly I was lifted off Klaus's body and placed to the side. Next thing I knew Ares had picked up what was left of Klaus's body and had angrily torn it to shreds, throwing pieces all across the field before grabbing my hand and teleporting us away.