Twenty-Four

I slowly blinked my eyes awake, my surroundings gradually coming into focus. 

I took a long deep breath. It felt really good, it's been so long since I've slept I forgot how amazing it feels. I wanted to turn around and go back to sleep but I knew I was more than fully rested and my body would not let that happen. 

I slowly sat up in bed, stretching out a little as the past days events were flowing through my head.

All was good until I was suddenly reminded of my last conversation with Coeus and hit with the realization that I might be too late to stop Coeus from doing whatever the hell his version of the bachelorette is. 

"Shit." I mumbled, throwing myself out of bed and immediately tracking down Coeus and teleporting to him. 

I reappeared in front of a smiling Coeus who did not seem the least bit surprised by my sudden appearance. 

"FINALLY! OUR SLEEPING BEAUTY, PRINCESS BACHELORETTE HAS ARRIVED EVERYONE!" He boomed, clearly way too excited. 

I looked around to see all kinds of servers scurrying around what looked like a giant gorgeous but modern mansion. 

"Coeus! What are you doing I said I didn't want this!" I said exasperated. 

There was a steady stream of curse words flowing through my head as I observed all that Coeus had managed to do while I was asleep. 

"How long have I been out? What have you done? Please stop everything!" I spat out quickly, looking around in dread. 

"You've been sleeping for a day and a half. Wow, by the way, that's impressive. I did exactly what I said I was going to do and it is WAY too late to stop me. If you didn't want to be a bachelorette you should've said so before taking a 36 hour nap." He said like he was speaking to a child. 

"I did say something! You ignored me and then literally forced my body to go to sleep!" 

He shrugged, "You should be able to stop me. You've really got to work on those mind powers of yours." 

I swear I almost screamed in frustration. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes for a moment. 

"Coeus, that's literally why we're here. You're supposed to be my mentor! My teacher!" 

He thought for a second before nodding. "You're right. I am your mentor so you have to do what I say. Aphrodite!" He called out, a mischievous smile on his face. 

I froze, turning around slowly to see my mother's sister. My aunt, rushing towards us.

My mother, the moon, and Aphrodite were born as twins on earth before they both became goddesses. They're nearly identical, the only difference is their eye color. My mother's eyes are a white-grey whereas Aphrodite's eyes are a bright blue-green. 

Aphrodite pulled me into a hug which I happily returned. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, happy to see her but weary about her presence. 

"I'm here to get you ready for your bachelorette experience of course. Coeus is so excited and asked me to get you ready for everyone. I am the goddess of beauty after all." She said happily, grabbing my arm and dragging me up a random staircase to who knows where. 

"You agree with this?!" I asked, still taken aback by her presence. 

"Of course! This is a great way to find your mate and it will be entertaining as hell!" She said happily before pulling me into a room.