Thirty-One

As soon as I got there I knew he hadn't actually forgiven me. He made a point of using the same waitress as last time but this time at another restaurant. She was shaking the entire time, tears constantly in her eyes she was so scared. 

He made no effort to make any conversation and shut down my efforts. I forced myself to sit through the uncomfortable dinner, letting him laugh at me mockingly every time I opened my mouth and brushing his harsh words off. 

He was angry at me and he had every right to be but I didn't understand we he insisted on a date while he was still angry. 

This was doing no good, only harm. 

I left that dinner feeling smaller than I had in a long time. Guilt was swirling through me. 

As soon as Fire dismissed me with a wave of his hand I teleported right to my bathroom at the cottage and threw up. I sat down and a couple traitorous tears trailed down my face as I tried to take big breaths. 

I never want to be on FIre's bad side ever again. It was beyond horrible. What happened to the sweet guy that threw Jacob across the desert for staring at me? Or the one who was adorably jealous of Zeus, for honestly no reason. The one who let me cheer him up when we thought the search for Aqua was hopeless.

I missed him, the man who was a monster to everyone but me. But now he was a monster to me too and I hated it. 

I took a deep breath before pulling myself together and walking out to meet Coeus in the living room. It was time to make a game plan. He said he would start teaching me some more basics as I continued to go on dates. 

"So, I've decided to cut your dates down a little to really get this moving. Unless your current dates start going badly I'm going to remove Zeus and Dirt Boy. I can tell that you just see Zeus as a friend and your dates are just plain awkward. I already let Zeus know and while he wasn't happy he understood. You don't know Dirt Boy that well so we'll call him up if Jacob, Ares and Fire's dates are all hopeless. Sound good?" 

I nodded. 

"Okay, lets start mind training!" He sang happily, bouncing on his chair, which lemme tell you was a weird sight. 

"Okay, I'm going to try and get into your head, you need to sense that and you're going to have to fight my mind until it submits to yours and agrees to leave. I don't have my full mind powers so it shouldn't be impossible but it isn't going to be easy. It could take a few hours before you figure it out. Don't try and rush it, okay?" 

I nodded and closed my eyes as Coeus dug into my mind. 

It took me a solid twenty minutes before I could even detect his presence but as soon as I did I began fighting. 

Coeus was right when he said it was going to be hard. 

After hours I could feel myself shaking from exhaustion. I hadn't been that tired in decades. 

He continued to push until I decided to switch tactics. Instead of forming a wall with my mind and trying to use it to force him out I used my power and my mind. I brought them together and started pushing directly with my mind. 

The power helped push me through and soon enough I was forcing him out successfully. Once he was finally out I felt relief wash through my body. It wasn't comfortable to have something pushing through your mind for that long. 

I opened my eyes to an excited Coeus but as soon as they opened they were closing again and I was collapsing down onto the couch. 

I heard Coeus let out a laugh before his arms wrapped around me.