Thirty-Nine

Fire's POV

I couldn't take waiting around anymore. 

Aries got involved in the whole 'rescue Aqua from the man who stole the mind god powers' plan as soon as he found out Eclipse had taken it upon herself to ignore everyone's warnings and go and try and rescue Aqua herself. Well, he didn't just get involved, he took over the plan completely. 

He's so cocky all the time and it's driving me crazy. He's all 'Oh, I'm the god of war and I know how to plan an efficient take down blah blah blah.'

Because of Eclipse going rogue we've had to switch up the entire thing! I'll admit it, I had a thing for her. How could I not? There aren't a lot of immortal women and the ones that do exist are mostly either very strange, like whispering random poems that you're supposed to make sense of instead of just fucking speaking to you strange, taken, or just plain overly cocky bitches who don't want to settle down.

It may seem like Eclipse pulls all the guys, but who wouldn't with them as competition! Finding someone normal enough to be your soul bound is hard enough, add on the fact that she's as beautiful as Aphrodite, stronger than anyone we've ever seen and a genuinely good person and of course you'll be interested in them. 

Well, at least I thought she was a good person, now I'm not so sure. 

She just came in and took over and ruined everything! All she's accomplished is getting her, Zeus and Jacob stuck with her!

I see why Jacob is her mate, they're both ridiculously impulsive. He overheard Coeus and I talking about how she had just disappeared in the night and when he traced Zeus's mind, since Eclipse's was blocked off, he found them both stuck on MY planet. 

I'm almost completely sure that Eclipse decided to go off on her own, like she did before, and Zeus probably tried to stop her or something and ended up with her. 

Aries and Coeus have created a pretty good plan but for some reason we weren't going! Coeus created a bracelet sort of thing that you can wear around your wrist so the asshole god that took my planet won't be able to detect your presence. If you get in and out fast enough then you can teleport the others out with you. 

They said it can only be used once because as soon as it happens Klaus will adapt and be able to sense even people that are wearing the device. I don't know why Eclipse fucking everything up is what it took for Coeus to make this, it would have been very very convenient to have this at the beginning. I could've just gone in, grabbed Aqua, and left. No complications, one trip and we're done. 

But no. Coeus just had to wait until now to actually put in even the slightest bit of effort and think of this idea. It doesn't really make sense but whatever. 

I teleported to Coeus's cabin to see when we were going to get this ball going. I get that none of us are getting any older, but I'm still not very patient. 

I slammed the door open angrily, glaring at Coeus when he didn't even look up. He casually finished fiddling with the little gadget he was working on before looking up at me expectantly. 

Damn mind powers. He always knows everything and it's beyond irritating. 

I was about to start yelling, I even took a deep breath and opened my mouth in preparation but suddenly a door to my left opened and a pathetic looking Ares popped out, leaving what looked like Eclipse's room. Pathetic. I really really didn't like this guy. Not only was he the biggest competition for Eclipse, but our personalities just clashed. 

It is clear Eclipse isn't interested in Zeus as more than a friend, Jacob is too weak to match with her, he wouldn't be able to hold his own for a second, let alone challenge her. Ares... Well, it's very clear she's mad about something he did, which is good, but the way that she looks at him...