Twenty-Six

When Coeus and I arrived I realized he definitely should have given me better advice about what I was wearing. A little heads up would've been nice. 

Maybe then I wouldn't have landed, all gracefully dressed and put together, in a pit of mud. Literal mud. 

My amazing heels sunk in deep up to my ankles and the bottom of my gorgeous dress was now soaked in dirt water. 

Zeus stood there, shirtless in only a pair of workout shorts already covered in mud and let me just say it was a weirdly good sight. 

We were on a planet that was really familiar but I couldn't quite figure out why yet. I had been a lot of places a lot of times and sometimes it was hard to tell them apart. 

"Eclipse! You look... amazing." He said, looking me up and down while I did the same to him. 

"Thanks, but I'm starting to think I'm not exactly dressed right for what we're about to do." He said, glaring at Coeus. 

He shrugged, "I'm an ancient titan, what do I know?" 

I looked at him incredulously, "I would think the ancient titan of the mind would know quite a lot actually." 

He shrugged again, "Fine, since you're not dressed properly just go home, you don't really need to save aqua anyways, screw finding your soul-bound." 

I glared at him, rolling my eyes at the joke he's made a millions times by now. 

He gave a devilish smile before teleporting away to wherever an ancient titan goes in his free time. 

I turned back to Zeus and he was still looking at me with a bright smile. 

I frowned down at my outfit before changing it to some shorts and a sports bra, not bothering with shoes since Coeus wasn't wearing any. 

"So, what are we doing in a pit of mud?" I asked, tying my hair up. 

Zeus smiled widely before reaching into his shorts pocket and pulling out a blindfold.

I looked at him suspiciously but his smile just widened. 

He made a 'turn around' gesture with his hand and I sighed loudly before listening. He tied the blindfold around my eyes and I was instantly beyond uncomfortable. I really hate not being able to see and evaluate my surroundings. 

Zeus grabbed my hand hand and began dragging me through the mud excitedly at a full on run. The entire time I was just waiting for it to be over. Its not that I thought Zeus was going to do something to me but blindfolding someone required a lot more trust than I was capable of. 

We ran for a couple of minutes before he stopped, holding my hips from behind me.

"Okay, you can take it off now." He said softly in my ear, and I could feel the nervousness seeping through him. I breathed out a sigh of relief before yanking the stupid thing off. 

I couldn't help the wide smile that overtook my face when I could finally see. I recognized the planet because I had been here about 40 years back, when I was a new god and exploring. Zeus had brought me here for training and we had had so much fun competing. 

This planet held obstacle courses for gods and stars, all of which was done in the mud. It was a race but since we were all gods and way too fast and agile, we had to wear restraints that temporarily blocked our capability of using our extra powers so that we were close to human strength. 

The cuffs were really really easy to break but we still had to sign a waver because a lot of people would try and sue them for taking their powers or something. I don't know, people are stupid.