Thirty

I hopped onto the jet-ski with a smile larger than I'd felt in days. 

Jacob was laughing next to me as I took in the machine with wide eyes. 

It was midnight now and I could feel the strength rolling over me as I took in my mother's beautiful form. 

"How do I start it?" I asked excitedly. 

He raised his eyebrows, "You're telling my you're over 70 years old and have never tried a jet-ski?" 

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Hasn't anyone every told you its rude to mention a woman's age?" 

He raised his hands up, a smile still on his face. 

"Its easy, here." He said, explaining how to work the thing, demonstrating a little and it was easy. 

"You want to race?" I asked excitedly and he cocked his head to the side. 

"Don't you want to try it out a little first?" I smiled and shook my head. 

"Nope!" 

He looked a little suspicious but nodded. 

"On three we'll race around the small island, down there, and back. Got it?" 

I nodded excitedly. 

"Okay, 1... 2..." Just as he exclaimed, "3!" I dropped an entire cake on his head, Harry Potter style.

He looked at me in shock but I just laughed and took off. 

I laughed as the tension from the last few days was blown away by the wind rushing past me. 

"You messed with the wrong guy!" Jacob exclaimed and I could hear him catching up behind me, thunder crackling through the skies with no sign of any storm. 

I risked a look back and couldn't help the belly aching laughter that came over me as I took in Jacob's angry cake covered face. 

Unfortunately while looking behind me I lost control of the jet-ski and somehow managed to flip it, sending me flying into the water. 

Jacob was now the one laughing loudly as he pulled over next to me as I treaded water, still in shock from my fall.

He leaned down, giving me his hand before lifting me into the jet-ski in front of him. I smiled at him, our faces mere inches apart as we both breathed slightly heavier. 

I knew that he was about to kiss me but I didn't feel the same panic I did when I was with Zeus. Something about it felt kind of right, I assumed it had something to do with the fact that we were mates on earth. 

He leaned in, brushing my lips gently with his and I couldn't help but respond. I heard him park the jet-ski as he grabbed onto my waist pulling me closer. 

I pulled back for a second, we both were smiling and out of breath. I looked back into his eyes but once he saw the devilish smile that was on my face it was too late. I had thrown him off the jet-ski, taken it off park and was flying away. 

I laughed the entire way around the island. I knew he would be flipping my jet-ski back over and catching up with me soon so there was no time to waste in seeing his reaction. 

I could hear Jacob catching up behind me and pushed the gas even further. How the hell was he going that fast? I was lighter, I should be faster!

I was so close to the end but just as I was about to scream in victory a weight slammed into me, throwing us both into the water. 

Jacob had jumped off his jet-ski just to knock me off mine. He was almost as competitive as me! Almost... 

I resurfaced in the water to see his smug face but before he could say anything I was swimming as fast as I could to the nearest jet-ski. Sure I could just teleport or swim over to the finish line but where's the fun in that?