Chapter 4

Sookie had asked Bill to come with us to Fangtasia, mostly for Gran's sake of mind that we would be safe.

"Penny for your thoughts." Sookie said as I sat in the backseat.

"I thought you liked not knowing my thoughts." Bill said to her.

"Most of the time I do."

"You won't care for it."

"That doesn't mean I don't wanna know."

"You look like vampire bait." I couldn't help myself as I started laughing.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sookie said looking between the both of us. "What about Evie?"

"I promised your grandmother no harm would come to you at Fangtasia tonight. I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to keep that promise with you dressed like this."

"You're wearing a white dress and look like a good girl Sook. I'm in black jeans and a graphic tee." I said still kind of laughing.

"So are you saying you think I look nice?" Sookie asked Bill.

"Doesn't matter what I think. This isn't a date, remember?" Bill smirked and I gagged a bit.

"Nope! None of that." They both laughed and soon enough we were there.

"Bill. Haven't seen you in a while." Pam said we came inside.

"I'm mainstreamin'." He told her.

"Good for you. I see Evie came back after all. Who's the doll?

"Pam, this is Sookie, Evie's older sister. Sookie, this is Pam."

"Pleased to meet you." Sookie smiled at her and put her hand out to Pam. Pam ignored it and asked her ID.

"Oh. Sure. How funny. Who'd have thought? Getting' carded at a vampire bar."

"I can no longer tell human ages. We must be careful we serve no minors... in any capacity. Twenty-five, huh? How sweet it is." She gave it back and we continued inside.

"This feels a little bit like what a vampire bar would look like if it were a... a ride at Disney World." Sookie said causing me to laugh a bit.

"Well, don't get too comfortable. It tends to get more authentic as the night wears on." We walked towards the bar. "Can I get you ladies somethin' to drink?"

"Uh, please." Sookie said while I nodded my head.

"How's it goin', Bill?" The bartender from the other night asked as we walked up.

"Very well." Bill said.

"I'll say it is. This your meal for tonight?"

"This is my friend Sookie and her sister Evie. Sookie, Longshadow."

"Nice to meet you." Sookie says trying to be friendly again, but he just stares at her. "I'll have a gin and tonic, please."

"Water." I said and looked away from the vampire I didn't trust.

"And I'll have a bottle of O Negative. Longshadow, Sookie here would like to know if she could ask you a few questions. Would this be acceptable?"

"I just have a couple of pictures I'd love you to take a look at." She said as she showed him pictures of the two girls. "You recognize either of these women?"

"Yeah, I seen 'em both here before." He said as he grabbed them.

"Great, thank you. And do you also happen to remember who they hung around with?"

"That's something we don't notice here. You won't either."

"Okay, then. Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time."