Chapter 29

"We're sitting ducks out here is any of Claudine's friends show up." Sookie said.

"Hurry let's get in the house." I told both of them. He groaned and fell over. "Eric?" I rushed over to see if he was ok.

"We're headed for the cubby, you hear me?" Sookie said.

"Sookie give him a minute." I snapped at her. "That wasn't us he drank from. That was a full on fairy." I looked back at Eric and lightly shook him. "Hey." He got up, a but disoriented and started giggling and I backed up a bit.

"Hey." He stumbled towards us. "More."

"Quit." Sookie said.

"I want more."

"You can't have anymore." I told him.

"There isn't anymore. You drank the whole fairy and you're going to your room."

"Drink from you." He muttered and leaned towards my neck.

"Eric you'll kill her! No!" He snapped back and looked at her then at me.

"I would never harm you. Either of you." He retracted his fangs and stepped back a bit.

"You better not." Sookie said and I just glared at her.

"Come on, let's get you to bed." I told him and we followed Sookie towards the house when he suddenly was over by Sookie and she turned to glare at him.

"Did you just pinch my butt?" She asked and he giggled before doing it to me.

"Eric!" I snapped at him and he kept giggling. 

"You're drunk." Sookie said.

"Catch me." Eric said leaning towards us before running off into the woods.

"Get back here!" Both of us yelled after him and he was in front of us, still giggling.

"We're trying to help you." Sookie said.

"You can't be doing this in this state. Get in the house right now." I told him. Then he ran again and stopped in various places in the yard.

"Never." I heard from behind me. We whipped around to him.

"It'll be dawn soon." I told him.

"I don't care." He said with a big smile before running off again this time we followed.

~o~

We were chasing him and looking all night when Sookie finally called Alcide to help track him down. Thanks to the fairy blood he was able to stay in the sunlight but we weren't sure how long he would have exactly. We came to the front and saw he was here.

"Oh thank you for coming. We were checking the back of the house one more time." Sookie said and I went and sat on the steps. I was exhausted.

"There's no sign of him." I said.

"How can Eric be running around in the daylight?" He asked.

"Long, weird, complicated story." I told him.

"I'll explain on the way." Sookie said.

"Well Evie you go lay down. Push yourself too much you're gonna hurt that baby." Alcide told me.

"But-"

"No buts. I'll track him and Sookie and I will get him inside just fine. You need to worry about yourself right now, you've been up all night and need to rest. He'll be ok." 

I huffed before listening. I did need to sleep I was just worried. What if they didn't find him before the fairy blood stopped working? I changed into some cloth shorts and shirt before laying down and actually passing out.