Chapter 25

"We need sanctuary

"We need sanctuary." Eric said and he suddenly came into the office covered in blood.

"What have you done?" Pam asked him.

"I staked a vampire. The lover of Russel Edgington."

"Talbot?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"Are you insane?" Pam asked.

"Where can we go?" Eric screamed.

"Uh, a human home would be the safest." Pam said. "Evie's?"

"I'm not bringing vampires to my sister."

"That's our of the question."

"You never panic, should I be panicking?" Pam asked and then Ginger came into the room.

"Ginger dear, where do you live?" Eric asked her.

"Cross the river in Bossier why?" She asked.

"We need your house. Now-ish." Pam said.

"Because of the V-feds?"

Great. We all walked out of the office to see the bar filled with armed soldiers. Then Nan Flanagan walked up to Eric.

"I'm sorry Miss Flanagan. The bar is closed."

"Thank you. I already ate. Tru Blood only, of course. Can't stay out of trouble can you? The VRA is two states away from ratification. I should be kissing asses in Oregon, not cleaning up after you in fucking Louisiana."

"Oh I promise, there is nothing amiss in my area."

"Shut up. You're making my head hurt. Officers. Silver him."

"No!" I went to grab Eric but Pam stopped me. One grabbed Eric and he fell down in pain.

~o~

Eric complied with Miss Flanagan and thus sat down while she went and looked for evidence against Eric.

"Well the down stairs is clean." She said coming over to us.

"Well I told you there was nothing."

"It's been wiped."

"Well I am a Virgo. I like to be neat."

"Your screeching fang-cushion of a barmaid who's been glamoured so much she can't even remember her own last name does know that no one ever goes down there with so much as a mop and promise. Suddenly it's as sterile as an operating room."

"It doesn't prove anything."

"If only we had a magister to decide that." Eric looked up at her and he was worried. She let out a chuckle.

"Relax. It's not like you killed anyone. Just need your official statement. That's all." They put two cameras in front of Eric. "Webcams. For the Authority. Members of the Authority, it's Nan. Can you hear me? Good. As regards to the matter of the disappearance of our Magister. Last known whereabouts, this dump in Shreveport, Louisiana. You have before you Eric Northman. Sheriff of Area 5." The camera's looked at Eric. "Smile for the camera Eric."