Chapter 28

Sookie didn't take Eric owning the house very well and after Eric left us alone she went over to Bill's

Sookie didn't take Eric owning the house very well and after Eric left us alone she went over to Bill's. That's how she learned he was king.

The next day I went to see Matthew. He was pretty surprised to see me, and my pregnancy but after explaining my whole story he at least seemed to understand.

"So you're a fairy hybrid? That explains the strange blood type." He said as he was getting ready to do an ultrasound. "Leaves me with some questions about this little one though." I looked at the screen and saw the small baby on the screen. "Everything's just as it was, I don't see any signs of destress. Heart rate's good. I'm gonna take some blood, maybe see if there's any alternatives to using vampire blood in case of an emergency. Like before, anything seems wrong call and we'll evaluate."

"Thanks. I'm so sorry about the time gap thing." I said as I was putting my shirt back to normal and he was getting everything to draw blood.

"Nothing you did on purpose. Glad to see everyone's safe. Little pinch." He took a few vials of blood and I was good to go home.

~o~

I ended up babysitting Terry and Arlene's son Mikey since they didn't have a sitter and I needed the practice. He was a sweet boy and I gave Arlene some peace of mind that there was nothing malicious about him. I took a nap and waited for Eric to stop in after dark. Sookie went somewhere and Tara was in town but went out to see everyone else It took a while but he finally came over.

"I can't stay long, I just wanted to see how you were doing." He told me as I hugged him. I felt like I didn't see him nearly as much. "King Bill has a job for me."

"Anything I can help with?"

"Just some witch wannabes meddling too far into something they shouldn't. I can handle it." I looked up at him and smiled at him. I didn't care what my sister thought, I saw the good in Eric. I couldn't feel any indication that he would cause us any harm, and that his feelings were genuine. "I'll come by after I'm done and we can start making more plans for the future."

"Alright. Be safe." I said to him. "I love you."

"I love you." He leaned down and kissed me before I let him go. As soon as my hands were at my side, he was gone.

~o~

A few hours later Sookie came into my room and was worried, and confused.

"What happened?" I asked her getting out of bed.

"It's Eric." She took a deep breath before quickly speaking again. "He's ok, sorta, physically."

"What do you mean?"

"He's down stairs." I went down stairs and saw he was on the couch, wrapped in a blanket, and his feet were submerged in a pot of water.

"What is going on?" i asked and looked back to my sister.