Chapter 11

Sam ended up sleeping over at our house, he also couldn't get a hold of Tara who stormed out of the party drunk. Sookie was convinced Bill wasn't coming back, no matter what I told her. Sookie told us about the killer's thoughts, the woman she saw him kill in a memory. Everything was just fucked up and I didn't even bother to call Eric, given I'm sure he was busy with whatever was going on with Bill. Then next day Sookie and Sam went out of town on a lead about the girl from the killer's mind. I guess it was a good start.

I was helping our at Merlotte's the whole day until dark

I was helping our at Merlotte's the whole day until dark. Eric sent me a message after I had gone to bed that he was back in town. So when it got dark I decided to go out there instead of home alone.

Once I was there of course Pam made a comment about my 'more feminine' clothing choice this evening. I sat in Eric's office on my phone. Some times Eric and I would talk, others he would be working while I just did aimless things like phone games. Then Bill showed up with a red head teenager, needing Eric's help.

"She's your punishment not mine. What am I supposed to do with her?" Eric asked while I was next to him, watching the occurrence.

"Excuse me, I can hear you, Mr. Rude." The girl, Jessica, said and I laughed a bit. This earned me a glare from both men. "I wanna go to the bar. I wanna be one of those dancers. Oh, I'm hungry."

"She won't listen to me. It would take more time than I have to teach her obedience." Bill explained.

"I don't obey anybody. Those days are over." Jessica said.

"Can't handle one little girl Bill? It's not that hard." Eric looked at me with a smirk and I slapped his shoulder. He looked back at Bill. "Newborns can be like this. Man up my friend, she's not even one night old."

"That is not the issue." Bill said.

"You want to stay with your maker don't you?" Eric asked her and she turned to face us.

"No he's a dick. Dick, dick, dick." This caused Eric and I to laugh.

"You're cute." Jessica said. "Can I sit on your lap?"

"No." Eric said quickly.

"Why?" Suddenly I was pulled onto Eric's lap.

"I don't want to sit on your lap." I told him.

"Do it anyways." I huffed and did so. There was enough stress going around right now.

"Nobody let's me have any fun. Fuckers." Jessica said.

"Sit down and shut up." Eric snapped at her. She went to do so but Eric wasn't done. "Close the door." She did so before sitting down on the couch.

"You would get to have fun if you just got through the boring shit first girly." I told her and she just looked down.

"See you got to be tough with them, or they walk all over you." Eric told Bill.

"I am well aware of that, but you can see how she is, and there are urgent matters to which I must attend."