Chapter 24

"You need to relax." Alcide told Tara.

"Relax? Haven't even breathed in a week." She told him.

"Evie you alright?"

"Yeah, just hungry and nauseous." He laughed at that.

Shortly after we pulled over so Alcide could pee and Tara and I decided to check on my sister.

"Hey Sook." Tara called after knocking. When there was no answer she knocked again. "Sook, you alright back there?" No answer again so Tara banged loudly on it. "Shit."

"She ain't answering?" Alcide asked from the woods.

"No. I got a bad feeling guys. We need to get it open now." Alcide rushed over and Tara and I opened the back to see my sister covered in blood and Bill getting up.

"What happened?" Bill asked as he looked at my sister.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I snapped at him. I jumped in, Tara after me.

"We gotta get her to a hospital." Alcide told us. Bill went to touch Sookie and I shoved his hand away.

"Get out." Tara told him. I took my shirt off and pressed it again the bleeding to stop it best I could.

"But I can help-"

"Get out!" Tara yelled before kicking him out of the truck. Alcide closed the door and soon I felt the truck start going again.

~o~

They took Sookie back in for surgery but it wasn't that long before someone came out to speak with us.

"Miss Stackhouse?" I looked at the doctor. I wrapped the coat I was given tighter around me.

"Is she ok?" I asked and the lady took a deep breath. No.

"She's lost a lot of blood."

"How much blood?" Tara asked.

"A lot."

"What about a transfusion?" Alcide asked.

"We tried. Her body rejected it."

"Maybe you gave her the wrong type?" I asked her. "I mean you checked right? Before just giving her blood?"

"Your sister doesn't have a blood type."

"What? That's crazy. I'm her sister I'll give her mine."

"You can't Evie." Alcide told me.

"Why the fuck not?" I looked at him.

"You're pregnant, Evie. You can't give that amount of blood."

"What?" Tara looked at me but I looked at the doctor.

"I'm sorry I can't. But we're running out of time so I've put in a request for O negative. It's a universal donor. Your sister, I have never seen a reaction like this before. I'm sorry. I'm afraid you're going to have to inform the rest of your family." I felt tears coming in my eyes. I couldn't lose my sister.

Tara agreed to call Jason for me. I tried calling Eric, just cause I didn't know what else to do while I waited for my brother. I was a mess. I couldn't control anything around and it all made me sick to my stomach. I had been eating little things to keep my blood sugar ok but that was all I could stomach.

Jason got here with Lafayette and he came over and hugged me tight.

"What's happened?" He asked and I took him over to tell him everything.

"They won't let you giver he blood?"

"I can't. I'm pregnant and can't give her enough."

"Pregnant? How the fuck-"