Chapter 26

I arrived at Fangtasia and saw Sookie's car there

I arrived at Fangtasia and saw Sookie's car there. Well at least I can tell her how things went with Matthew earlier. 

"There's is no way to use her." I heard Eric's voice as I walked inside. I saw him and Pam by the bar talking.

"He's gonna get her sooner or later, and what are you gonna do when he learned Evie's the same?"

"That's why you've promised to look after them. I won't do that to her."

"What's going on?" I asked and they both looked at me. Pam looked down before looking at Eric again.

"I understand Evie, but you're choosing a human over yourself? Over your own?"

"Your lack of sentiment had always been your most admiral quality. Do not disappoint me now."

"You, would have said and done anything to save Godric. I'm sorry but if you're not gonna give him Sookie, then at least figure out how to use her, and fast." Then Pam walked away.

"Use Sookie?" I asked walking up to Eric.

"Russel wants your sister, thinking her blood will allow him to walk in the sun. The logical solution would be to either give him your sister, or use her to get Russel vulnerable."

"Are you?"

"No. I'm not giving Russel anything." He looked at me. "I have something to discuss with your sister before figuring out my next move. I'll call when I'm done."

"You want me to go home?"

"Yes. Please stay inside."

"Ok well, uh Matthew says that I should expect my pregnancy to be about half as long as normal. It's just a guess though. He's gonna monitor the baby's size and position to be more accurate."

"Alright. We'll discuss more about this later alright?" I nodded and he kissed me before taking me to the door. "Stay safe."

"You too."

"I'll do what I can."

~o~

I wasn't home long before Jason called me asking if I was with Sookie, and then explained she wasn't answering her phone. After I tried calling her and Eric, I headed back to Shreveport. When I got there Sookie's car was still there so I wasn't understanding why she wasn't picking up, but I had a really bad feeling I should leave. That only made me want to check on her more. I walked in and was about to asked what was going on when I saw Russel standing there.

"Last of her kind huh? What about the young one there?" Russel asked motioning to me.

"She's human." Sookie told him and I looked at her and her eyes told me to be quiet, Eric's too.

"Drink Sookie's blood. You'll see." Eric said.

"Now that is just nuts. Nothing in my blood is a supernatural sunscreen for yall. Why would you even think that?" Sookie said.