Chapter 13

The next night I waited for Eric at the airport

The next night I waited for Eric at the airport. He had business to attend to before coming but he wasn't long and before long we left for Dallas. Of course, he had us flying privately, and would arrive in no time.

"You look nice this evening." He said and I looked down at the dress I was wearing.

"Thanks. It's from the clothes Pam packed for me. She doesn't know what casual is does she?"

"Not at all, but I like it. It's different."

"I don't hate it I just don't wanna wear clothes like this all the time." That caused him to laugh before checking his phone.

"On a serious note. The Fellowship of the Sun tried to abduct your sister. We should assume the same when we arrive."

"Wait what? How do they know we were coming?"

"I don't know. Something to figure out when we get there."

It wasn't long before we arrived at the hotel and while I was getting settled Eric went to Bill about what happened when they arrived and what was going on in general. I went to talk to my sister when she went running after someone. I was confused but waited for her to come back, only for her to enjoy her night with her boyfriend. So, I stayed in my room, which I shared with Eric, watching tv.

"I trust everything is to your liking Angel?" Eric asked as he came in the room, texting.

"Yeah. It's a lot fancier than my house, and much more quiet."

"Well, the rooms are sound proofed."

"I figured." I said and he sat down on the couch.

"You know it's not so people can watch tv?"

"Oh I know. My sister is taking full advantage." I smirked at him before seeing how late it was. "I should get to bed. If I'm going to be seeing if humans took Godric, I'm gonna need to sleep at least half the night." I got up and started for the room.

"Good idea. Let me know if there's anything you need alright?"

"I'm fine Eric!" I said and closed the door for the night.

~o~

The next morning I looked at the other side of the bed and saw Eric asleep for the day. I ordered breakfast and watched more tv. Sookie had come in and was telling me about how there was another telepath in Dallas and he worked here. She said he wanted to be left alone and or her to stop bringing attention to him. Poor guy.

"Sookie you really should just leave him be. He's a telepath but he didn't grow up like we did."

"I know but I just wanted to help me learn to control it was all."

"He's made it this far on his own Sook. We came here to help Eric, not a telepath who doesn't want help."

"Fine. I'm still pretty excited that we're not the only ones out there. Do you think he could feel people emotions too?"