Chapter 9

Sookie spent the whole next day thinking Bill was dead. Apparently a few of the guys in town, town idiots honestly, burned the house some vampire's bought during the day. I guess Bill had gone with them last night. I figured it wasn't the best time to talk to her about what Eric asked me.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I didn't even go to fangtasia that night. I just sat in my window until I was tired and went to bed.

I was at Merlotte's the next day. Sookie had told me that Bill was alive and well and Jason asked me to meet him up there. He said he wanted me to meet someone and I told him I would.

I came in and sat at the bar. Sam looked grumpy, I assume being that Bill was alive, and Arlene looked stressed, probably from my sister being late to work. The place was packed and decently loud.

"Hey Evie!" I turned around and Jason was with the girl he left with at Fangtasia. "This is Amy, the girl I wanted you to meet."

"We actually met, Fangtasia, she made sure you got home safe." She nodded her head. "Thank you for that by the way."

"It was no problem. Jason's doing a lot better now too."

"Seriously thank you. So, did you guys start something? Just a guess considering-"

"Evie can feel emotions." Jason told her.

"You're an empath?" She looked at me shocked.

"Most people believe junkie but, yeah the real story is empath."

"That's so cool I've never met one before."

"It can really suck I promise." The both of us laughed. She seemed really nice. Different from the girls Jason's normally involved with.

~o~

I had avoided Fangtasia for a while, Eric had even tried calling, but I didn't answer. When he began blowing my phone up I finally gave up and answered.

"Don't you think if I had an answer for you I would have picked up by now?"

"I have to ask a favor of you and your sister. I've already spoken to Bill, he's bringing Sookie here soon."

"What do you need us for?"

"To find out who's stealing money from me."

"And I would help you why?"

"Because this is what I was talking about. You help me if I need it, and I give you my protection."

"I'm only going there because my sister will be there."

"That's fine. Hopefully we can talk a bit when this is over." I didn't even reply I just hung up and got dressed before leaving.

Pulling up I noticed my sister and Bill walking towards the building

"Eric called you here too?" Bill asked and Sookie turned to see me.

"Yeah. Let's get this over with and go home." I was irritated at this whole ordeal.

I walked in and Eric seated Sookie at a table and I preferred to stand next to her. I wasn't sure how this was going to end but something kept me on edge. They sat an older, very nervous, man in front of us.

"Pam, Longshadow, and I are partners in this club. And we recently noticed $60,000 has gone missing from our books. And Bruce, is our accountant. Perhaps you can start by listening to him."

"He's not saying anything." Sookie said.

"Don't be coy." Eric said to her. "I've spent a good portion of time speaking with your sister. We know what you can do."

"And I know what you can do too. Why don't you just glamour him?"

"Now don't you think we would have tried everything before summoning you?"

"Then why both of us?" I asked him, crossing my arms.

"Well, on top of you not answering my calls, your sister can dig out a name you can't."

"Fair." I mumbled.

"It would be a great favor to me, and to Mr. Compton, if you help us." Eric told my sister.

"If we find out who did it, then what?" Sookie asked.

"We'll turn that person over to the police and let the authorities handle it from there." Longshadow said from behind the bar.

"You are such a terrible liar." I said and looked over my shoulder at him. He glared at me, clearly not liking me being involved at this point. Got something to hide sir?

"I'll make you a deal." Sookie said looking at Eric. "If you promise to hand over the person who did this to the police, I'll agree to help you any time you want." Eric was silent for a moment. He knew he couldn't lie, and I could sense his hesitation.

"I'll reconsider you offer. Tonight." I said and looked at me before smirking.

"All right. You ladies have a deal." I could feel Sookie's confusion as she looked at me. Sookie grabbed Bruce's hand and he just got more nervous.

"Bruce it's ok, take a deep breath. Did you steal their money?"

"No." Bruce answered and I noticed Eric glance at me. "No no, You gotta believe me! I didn't do it I swear-"

"He's not lying." I said to them. "Do you know who did?"

"No."

"He's telling the truth." I said.

"You trust the skinny humans to clear the fat one?" Longshadow said. I turned around and looked at him.

"Something you wanna say to me? Like why I get this feeling of untrust from you?"

"I don't know. Mind telling me the drugs you're on?" I went to take a step forward when Eric was suddenly in front of me.

"Leave him." Eric turned me back around. "Bring in the next one." We did this several times. Sookie and I finding nothing useful, and nobody took the money. Last Pam brought in Ginger who did not like Sookie grabbing her hand.

"Ginger someone's been stealing from the bar." Sookie said and I walked around to stand by Ginger and Pam.

"Really?" Sookie did her thing for a second.

"She didn't do it, but she knows who did." It was quiet again for a moment. "Who? Who's gonna kill you? Ginger honey, what's his name? It's blank, like someone's erased her memory."

"I don't know anything I swear." Ginger said.

"She's been glamoured." Pam said.

"It's a vampire." I said and immediately turned to look at Longshadow, feeling his rage, as he jumped forward and grabbed my sister. 

Eric pulled me away from the table and Bill suddenly staked Longshadow in the back. He started throwing up blood all over my sister before melting. Poor Ginger threw up after screaming so much and I felt pretty sick to my stomach as well.

"Humans. Honestly Bill I don't know what you see in them." Eric said and I ripped my arm out of him grasp.

"I'm gonna go throw up myself now." I said and headed towards the bathroom.