Chapter 30

When I finally got home then next night the first thing I heard was a scream from around the corner

"Sookie?" I rushed in to find Sookie trying to calm Tara down, and Eric, as usual these days, utterly confused.

Tara raised a fire poker at Eric, causing Eric to drop his fangs.

"Eric stop." I said and rushed over to stop him from getting closer to Tara.

"Tara put that down." Sookie said calming Tara.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Tara asked Eric.

"I live here." He stated back.

"What?" Tara looked at us.

"He bought the house while we were gone." I told her.

"You told me he was missing." Tara said to Sookie.

"It's not what you think." Sookie told her.

"i just put out my heart to you and you talked about telling the truth and being honest, meanwhile you got someone who wants to kill me in your basement. You're a fucking hypocrite."

"She lied for me Tara. I ask her to keep it a secret." I told her.

"Why that fuck would ask your sister to lie for you?"

"To protect him. Tara I'm still pregnant." She looked at me shocked. 

"Something happened to him. He's different now."

"Oh shut the fuck up Sookie." I snapped at her.

"He's a psycho murdering asshole!" Tara snapped.

"No he's not." I said.

"Of course cause you you think differently. This is the fucker who sold your sister out to Russel Edgington. He tricked her into drinking his blood. He treated you like shit until he found out how to use you. He locked Lafayette in a dungeon and tortured him! We hate Eric Northman!"

"Tara, listen-"

"Fuck the lot of you!" Then she ran out of the house and left.

"Great." I held my hand to my head in irritation before turning to my sister. "You brought Tara here?"

"She came back to see us what was I suppose to do?"

"Take her to the bar? I don't know but this is the last place you should have brought her. Sookie's she was there for everything that happened with the witches. Now what am I going to do?"

"You?"

"Yeah me. Because i don't trust my fucking sister with my boyfriend anymore."

"Evie you can't seriously think-"

"Do you have feelings for him?"

"Evie-"

"Answer. The Question." I stated and felt my eyes filling with water. I knew the answer already, I could feel it when Sookie looked at him, and when she was defending him.