Chapter 17

After I was finished with another shower, I went to check on Jason before going to bed

After I was finished with another shower, I went to check on Jason before going to bed. He went through a lot these past few weeks and I was worried about him.

"What made you join them though? You've never cared for religion." Jason and I sat in his room talking. It felt nice considering I hadn't really spoken to him like this in so long.

"Well they, made me think I was worth something."

"You were a star back home. Sookie was just your younger sister and I was the closet addict. Nobody gave us a thought next you."

"No, that ain't true. Well they liked my athletics, my good looks, sex abilities, but they didn't like me for me. The Newlins, well they acted like they did. Before they tried to kill me at least. They stopped my mind from going around and around, thinking about, well other stuff."

"Thinking you killed those people?" I could feel Jason's sadness. All things considered it's no wonder why he ended up believing he did it. I'm sure just about anyone would. "Jason you're not a bad guy. You just were misled. You know the truth now, and everyone here knows your worth. Time for you to see it too. You're a great guy. Kind, caring, and I couldn't ask for a better big brother."

"Thanks Evie. I don't think I'd survive without you sometimes."

"Well I was always good at keeping us out of major trouble." The both of us laughed and I noticed the time. "I'm gonna turn in for the night. You get some sleep, ok?"

"Yeah you too." He gave me a hug before I left back to my room.

~o~

Eric came in as I was watching tv. Godric had told him about the vampire activist coming tomorrow night to talk about what happened. The only thing saving the situation was the ridiculous performance they had on tv. It was pretty comical. Newlin really wanted to act like what he just pulled was ok. Forget the man you had kill himself.

"Can't sleep?" He asked and sat down next to me. I didn't say anything. "You're still mad at me?" Again I said nothing. "Are you ever going to speak with me again?" I snapped my head over to him.

"I'm sorry? Am I supposed to be ok with what you did?"

"I told you why-"

"You didn't have to make an ass of yourself and throw it in Bill's face, on top of tormenting my sister." I slammed the remote to the tv down, turned to him, and sat up straight. "You are so confusing I don't even know what to do anymore, except go the fuck home, and stay there!"

"How am I confusing?"

"You're vague, 'You're important to me' shit, and then you turn around and do all that to my fucking sister, and expect nobody to be mad at you? You say I'm important to you, but then constantly talk about how humans are a burden or something along the lines? Like honestly what is your problem?"

"What are you asking me?"

"How do you really feel about everything. Tell me and be honest with me, instead of finding loop holes in my lie detecting thing."