Chpater 16

We went back to Godric's home, or nest, and he was kind enough to let me shower and change into some clothes

We went back to Godric's home, or nest, and he was kind enough to let me shower and change into some clothes. The back of my head was covered in blood, and I needed to destress after that whole ordeal. Jason had apologized for his involvement with the Fellowship and assured me he was done with the antivampire stuff. When I finished drying my hair and doing a bit of makeup I walked out of the bathroom and saw Godric in the connected bedroom.

"You are doing well?" He asked me.

"Yes. I am. Thank you for before by the way."

"You were very brave to put yourself in the position you did, given your situation. I am glad you are better."

"Well I have Eric to thank for that." I said and reached the back of my head.

"You are his?" I looked back at Godric.

"He's asked."

"Yet today you drank his blood."

"He would have made me anyways."

"He would have to save your life. You are important to him."

"I'm useful."

"Do not sell yourself so short Miss Stackhouse. The others are all downstairs." Then he left.

I looked back into the bathroom mirror. Eric's blood had taken away any bruises that were left from Rene, and I actually looked healthier. Vampire blood does more than I thought it would. I was mostly glad I was able to wash off all the blood. I was worried it would stain by bright hair.

"You're looking much better." I turned and saw Eric.

"It seems vampire blood does that."

"Are mad at me?"

"No." I looked down at my feet, leaning against the counter. "I lost a bit of blood and god knows how hurt I really was so." I looked up at him and saw he was just looking at me in the door way. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Anything."

"I know this could be my own insecurity showing, but," I looked back down at me feet. "Were you only saving my life, because if lose me, you lose my sister?" I finally looked back at him, and he was right in front of me. I gasped for a moment, looking up at him, but relaxed.

"No. Like I've said before you are important to me. Your sister can walk away as long as you stay." I looked back down again, unsure of anything. I knew he was never lying, and yet, I wasn't sure why I was never sure. Was I fighting my own feelings on the matter? Was I that untrusting at this point? "I'll be waiting downstairs." Then he left.

It wasn't long after he left that I joined them. I saw Eric and Bill talking, I'm sure Bill was giving another 'Leave Sookie be' speech again. I joined them just in time for Isabel to come through the door with Hugo. She dragged him straight to Godric, who was sitting in his chair.